Chapter Fifteen...

Orchid had never voluntarily shown off her scars. Her body was always covered for the most part. She'd kept herself covered even more ever since she awoken to her own self. Orchid appeared to be the most confident but she was the most secretive of her sisters.

"You don't want to do this," she said as she walked around his room, fiddling with random objects to take her mind off the situation. She stopped on small bottle of oil filled with flowers on the drawer top.

"You don't have to show me now, I don't want to force you," he glided his hands on her shoulders in an effort to comfort her. She remained silent.

"How about this, lay down with me," she arched an eyebrow at him.

"I want to be closer to you and I want you to let me, I am in love with you, Orchid and I want you to love me too," she jumped back at his sudden confession.

"How could you love me when you barely know me?"

"I know enough," he took a step closer and she drew back with her hand gesturing to not come any closer.

"You don't know me, I don't even know myself," she turned away from him. He held her hand.

"I know that you're not strong but you're not weak. I know you put up a sarcastic front in your words to hide how you truly feel. I know that you cared about me during the short time we spent together. I know that you're compassionate and considerate of others, that's why you cast aside your love for me because you knew it hurt Violet, even though it hurt you. You sacrifice your heart and your body for those you care about. I know that you'd do anything to protect the ones you love," he stepped close enough that she felt him on her back.

"I know you're lost, empty and scarred," he spoke quietly.

"If you know all of this, why? How? How could you say you love me? Someone who doesn't know love," her voice was tender.

"But you have the potential to learn, how much you care for others and sacrifice for them proves it," there it was, that feeling again.

"Orchid, I know you're just figuring yourself out, but I want to be the one that helps you when you do, I want to be with you, around you, even with that gorgeous but foul mouth of yours. Or those piercing eyes that could send a grown man crying, or your cold words that can freeze an army." he passed his fingers on her cheek.

"Or that gorgeous face, soft hair, your elegant strides, your unusual sense of style, your ways of showing you care even when you say you don't. The innocence you had when we first met, that still shows whenever you play, I love all of it, even though you may not know what will become of you in the future, I want to be with you to figure out," his words pierced through her. His care showed in his eyes, she could never resist his eyes, they always showed the virtue in his words. Orchid placed a hand on his cheek and gently kissed his lips which he returned with a smile.

"You have a way with words."

"Did they work?" she shrugs and walks past him to the bed.

"Come here," he did as she instructed, she stood in front of him and began undressing.

"I can muster the courage to show you but please don't- never mind," she snaps her finger and removes her long-sleeved shirt, left her pants and her under garments. She showed her stomach, arms and back.

"They go down to my thighs but you get the gist of it," Lancelot remained silent. analyzing her, she felt naked under his gaze.

"Alright that's enough."

"Wait. Tell me about them."

"My scars?" He nodded, so nosy. She sighed.

"These scars were made by whips, so were the ones on my back," she said gesturing to her lower front.