Chapter 19: A Midwinter's Tale Part 1

The week before Christmas, almost the winter solstice, this year

In the comfort of her own home, Cordelia watched the Yuletide log burn, after she performed the spell. Even though, she will be spending time at her family home. She needed to make sure that all unwanted spirits stayed away from her home during her time away.

She added a barrier spell as well, just in case. Pulling her beanie on her head, and throwing on her coat, she grabbed the gifts she bought for her family, including baby Leticia.

She had bought a present for Prudence as well, which was currently in the kitchen drawer. Giving the gift to her, was still undecided, as she didn't want to break the promise of giving her space.

"Come on, Nyx." she called out to her familiar, who dutifully landed on her shoulder, and then they teleported together.

Her brother had given back their father's pocketwatch to her, to use for the holiday.

"Family I'm here!" she yelled, as Nyx flew upstairs to her old room.

"D! We're in here." Sabrina yelled from the living room. Cordelia waltzed into the room, walking directly to the Yule tree and dropped all the gifts, unceremoniously, "Happy Solstice!"

"Honestly, Delia. You're making a mess." Aunt Zelda commented, with a glass of red wine in her hand.

"Well, would you look at that..." Cordelia gasped, while picking up a rectangle shaped box, with her red headed aunt's name on it. "Is that a 1945 Domaine de la Romanée-Conti, Romanée-Conti Grand Cru? The most expensive wine in the world, that I got for someone special, but suddenly have the urge to keep it for myself."

Aunt Zelda glared at her niece, while Sabrina chuckled lightly as she fixed the mess her cousin had made.

Placing the gift back under the tree, Cordelia turned and smiled while taking off her beanie and coat, noticing baby Leticia sitting in her black cradle, giving a toothless smile.

"Ah, and there she is, I've got you a present as well, yes I did." Cordelia cooed at the baby, while taking her out.

Between Cordelia and Aunt Zelda, they've been obsessed with taking of care of the newborn.

"As if Auntie Zee has not given her enough." Ambrose quipped.

"You can never have too many gifts." his sister countered, while swaying with Leticia.

"Imagine, a baby in the house just in time for the winter holidays." Aunt Zelda smiled, standing next to her eldest niece and cooing at the baby as well. "It couldn't be more perfect."

"Pity the child in question was abducted." the warlock mumbled from his place at the tree, helping his aunt Hilda hang decorations.

"Ambrose, need I remind you of the High Priest's rather Herod-like tendencies when it comes to baby girls?" the eldest aunt argued.