Chapter 25: Acceptance

Dear Marie Laveau

Dear Marie Laveau

I write to you again, but this will be my last.

Even though you do not entertain or respond to my letters, I do feel that it comforts me in some way.

Continuing from my last letter, I asked for your advice of my current situation. The history of a Custodian is not very well known. I thought maybe you would know or have old scriptures that might help.

My family has been made aware, and now... I've accepted my fate, but how do you make your loved ones accept it?

You should understand... You have always been a leader in your community and protected your own, no matter what the cost. That is something I always admired about you.

My community is my family, and even though you and I were raised in different religious views, one thing remain clear, we protect the ones we love.

Since, this is my last letter to you. I would like to thank you for how you have inspired me my entire life, and I hope to one day...see you in another life.

I'm not sure where I'll end up when I pass on, but I... will accept what is waiting for me.

Regards,
Cordelia Spellman

Sitting up straight, the Spellman witch dropped her pen, as drops of water fell on the piece of paper from her wet hair, after her much needed morning shower.

She crumbled up the letter in her hand, closed her eyes, opening it again, the paper have evaporated from her hands and had hopefully reached its destination.

Looking up at her vanity mirror she was sitting at, Cordelia slid down her gown from her shoulder and looked at the tattoo on her back, that has given her so much trouble.

Later, the Saturday morning, dressed in black slacks and a white cashmere sweater, she stacked up all the books and scriptures and notes she used to research the history of custodians, and put it in her briefcase. Some books had different names for it, but all concluded to the same fate.

Swiftly taking her black coat, she left her home and drove with her motorcycle to the Spellman home.

Strutting into the kitchen, she was met with the entire family unnaturally quiet, as they did their tasks absent-mindedly.

"Family" she spoke out clearly, earning surprised stares from all of them. As they assumed she would be avoiding them for a couple of days.

She placed her briefcase loudly onto the kitchen table and opened it, unceremoniously throwing out all its contents.

Both Sabrina and Ambrose moved their plates and cups away to prevent them from breaking.

While aunt Zelda dropped the top of her newspaper and raised her eyebrow at the books on the table.