Chapter 4: The Dark Baptism Part 2

"Morning aunt Hilda, Sabrina and brother." Cordelia greeted, while entering the kitchen and taking the seat diagonally from her aunt Zelda.

Everyone greeted her back, except the red-head matriarch who frowned at being deliberately excluded.

Cordelia was still very angry at her aunt's behavior, and thought it would be best for all parties to keep interaction to a minimum.

"Hilda and I have errands to run
and preparations to finish...but I've already called Baxter High and told them you're having a terrible outbreak of hives." Aunt Zelda informed her niece gleefully, earning her an eyeroll from her eldest niece.

"Wh...What? Why would you do that, Aunt Zelda?"

"The day before your dark Baptism should be spent in quiet contemplation, reading your satanic verses."

"But I haven't said goodbye to my friends yet. I can't just vanish from their lives. At a minimum, I have to tell them that I'm..."

"Transferring to some posh private school in Connecticut?" her aunt filled in teasingly. "You'll send them a postcard. Ambrose and Cordelia will keep you company and keep an eye on you."

Cordelia raised an eyebrow at that.

"Won't you?" she asked, looking at the both of them. Ambrose who was now standing behind his sister, finally answered, begrudgingly. "But of course, Auntie Zee."

Nodding towards him, the woman then looked at her eldest niece who hasn't answered.

"Cordelia?"

The witch in mention, didn't answer her aunt as she flipped a page in her book.

The silence in the kitchen was unbearable, as they all looked at Cordelia.

"Delia, love?" Aunt Hilda asked, gently.

Cordelia immediately looked up from her book and smiled. "Yes, aunt Hilda?"

Before the blonde aunt could respond, Zelda interjected again, haughtily.

"Really, Cordelia? The silent treatment?"

Her niece took a bite of her toast in response, while still ignoring the older woman's gaze.

Aghast, her aunt Zelda stood up, making a scraping noise with the chair, which made Ambrose wince.
"Honestly, so childish!" she said lastly, while leaving the room, clearly affected by her punishment.

Cordelia couldn't help but smirk at her aunt's reaction. Aunt Hilda gave her eldest niece a look, communicating to give her sister some slack.

'Never'

"I'll still be able to see them, won't I?"

The three youngest Spellman members were sitting in the living room, as they discussed Sabrina's doubts.

"... Roz and Harvey and Susie? I mean, just because we're not at the same school, it doesn't mean we can't be friends.I'll be at the Academy of The Unseen Arts during the week, but during the weekends..."

"On the weekends, you will still be a witch." Ambrose countered.

"No, I know, but we'll still be able
to go to the movies, same as always, and bowling, and all the fun things we do together."

"Of course, Auntie Mame and Baby Jane would leave me to explain the hard bits..."

Cordelia chuckled at the nicknames.

"Look, it is frowned upon. It is discouraged."

"But you talk to mortals. And Hilda and Zelda, they talk to mortals."