Chapter 12: Feast of Feasts Part 1

Knocking on the doorframe of her aunties' bedroom, Cordelia looked at her red-headed aunt as she was busy putting on her earrings

"Yes, Delia?" Aunt Zelda asked, viewing her through the mirror.

Crossing her arms, and leaning against the frame, she scrutinized the older woman.

"Do you possibly know where the Greendale newspapers have disappeared off to?" the younger witch asked, thick with implication.

After her decision to move out, Aunt Zelda immediately informed her sister and niece of the news, hoping that they would also find it ridiculous.

Both witches were shocked and saddened by the news, but also understood where Cordelia was coming from and supported her decision.

The same didn't go for her brother, who was in complete denial and her red-headed aunt who was making it extremely difficult to find a place to live.

"I do not understand what you mean. Have you tried checking the post?" she asked, airly.

"Of course, I did." the younger woman, gritted out in frustration.

First, it was simple. The usual pinboards in town, that usually had vacant residencies, had dissappeared and now the newspapers she's been checking daily had stopped coming to their house.

"Hmmm, strange..."

"Aunt Zelda... We both know what you're doing. It's not going to work, I'm going to move out, whether you like it or not, and the sooner you accept it, the sooner we can move pass this nonsense. It's Thanksgiving for Satan's sake!" Cordelia panted out in frustration.

Turning towards her niece in her seat at her vanity table. She spoke haughtily, "Delia dear, I honestly do not have the faintest idea what you're talking about... and..."

"Aunties? Ambrose? D!" Sabrina called from downstairs.

"Ah!" Aunt Zelda stood up smoothly from her seat. "Sabrina is calling us, best not keep her waiting." the older witch brushed past her, leaving a gobsmacked niece behind.

Immediately, following after her aunt, she exclaimed. "I'll say it again. 'You are a piece of work!'"

Zelda Spellman paid her no mind as all the family members met the youngest at the foyer.

"Can anyone explain why it looks like
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre has been nailed to our door?"

Cordelia rolled her eyes at the convenience of one her most dreaded events.

"Oh, dear." Aunt Hilda snorted. "I'll get some soap and sponges." as she left.

"I'll get a plastic bag to collect the lamb entrails." Ambrose added as well.

"... And I'll fetch my incense candles and sticks for the smell." Cordelia scrunched up her nose, walking back up the steps to her room.

Sabrina stood blinkingly at their reactions.