Chapter 2: October Country Part 2

Sitting across from her cousin in the kitchen. Cordelia smirked at her brother who was currently leaning against the sink.

'Just for today' he mouthed warningly at her, for stealing his usual spot at the table.

Grinning, she brought her attention back to the book she was reading about the origin of Tibet magic.

"I don't understand you, niece..." Aunt Zelda broke the silence from the head of the table, while Aunt Hilda bustled about in the kitchen. "You'd rather a feral familiar than one bred for service?"

Cordelia looked at the mentioned cat, who was currently drinking water, liking that he was also a dark shade like Nyx.

"Salem doesn't serve me, Aunt Zee.
We're in a partnership. He'll protect me, I'll protect him."

"I agree with you. Nyx and I have a special bond, which is built around trust and respect." Cordelia added, making her younger cousin smile at the support.

"... Even though she tends to disappear off on her own. Probably needs a break from you." Ambrose added mockingly.

"Its called having autonomy." she responded, not taking the bait. "Not something you'd understand." she said, while flipping a page in her book.

"Enough you two." Aunt Hilda lightly scolded them, before the warlock could respond. She then turned to Sabrina. "Drink up, darling. I put a bit of cinnamon in it this time."

"And why did you name him Salem
of all things?" Aunt Zelda inquired again.

"I didn't. He named himself Salem."

"At least you have your familiar now.
And you're purifying yourself. Yeah, you're almost ready for your baptism." their blonde aunt added encouragingly.

"About that. So, I'm in the middle of getting this club started at school."

"Club? What kind of club?"

"Women protecting women.You know, sort of like a coven."

Cordelia snorted at the coverup, but immediately cleared her throat to hide it. 'It's cute that's she trying'

"Anyway, I was wondering if we could maybe, possibly postpone my baptism a little bit?"

Cordelia closed her book at that, and shared a glance with her brother, who was visibly cringing.

"Postpone it?"

"Oh, dear"

"Sabrina, you cannot postpone
your 16th birthday, especially not when it falls on the eclipsing of a blood moon which only occurs once every 66 years." Aunt Zelda started ranting. Aunt Hilda stepped closer and lightly consoled her sister.

"If it's just about a club, dear..."

"It's not, Aunt Hilda. There's also the Harvey of it all. We very recently took things to the next level."

Cordelia rolled her eyes, realizing her cousin doesn't really understand what taking things to the next level meant.

"He hasn't defiled you, has he?" the red-headed aunt asked pressingly. "Witch law forbids novitiates
from being anything less than virginal."

"Oh, wow." Ambrose chuckled moving across the room.

"It's funny how that law only applies to witches and not warlocks."

"Not now, Cordelia." Aunt Zelda berated her.

"Aunt Zelda. Not that it's anyone's business, but no." Sabrina finally answered.