Chapter 10: An Exorcism in Greendale Part 1

"Please remind me...why, the two of you always seem to have the need to have discussions in the graveyard. I know we're witches, but this is just too cliché..." Cordelia complained, while tightening the coat around herself, but also taking the opportunity to smoke.

It was one night after the whole Batibat incident, Sabrina had gone to confront her school teacher, who had mysteriously infiltrated their home. While Ambrose have been moping around the house after his nightmare of being trapped in the house. It made Cordelia even more worried and smothering towards her brother.

"It's away from wandering ears..." Ambrose explained. "... Besides it adds to the mystery..." he joked.

While sighing out in frustration, Sabrina brought them back to why they were there in the first place.

"We can add Ms. Wardwell to the list of liars, betrayers, and spies in my life."

"I knew there was something off about her." the older witch spoke, as she took a puff.

"It's a lucky thing she was spying on you, cous. Else, we might all still be trapped in the Batibat's nightmares..." Ambrose added. "Then again, I sort of am, aren't I?" he also added sadly, making his sister frown at him in concern.

"Ambrose..." both women started, but he waved them off.

"Might I suggest you give the woman
the benefit of the doubt?"

"I don't have it in me." the younger girl shook her head. "My father deceived me. Aunt Zelda deceived me. Now my teacher?"

"All right, then. Get me a bit of her hair and I'll make all her teeth fall out." the warlock joked.

"I'm not quite sure what to do yet...One thing's for sure. I'm gonna wipe all the mirrors in the house clean of Ms. Wardwell's spells. No more spying."

Cordelia nodded in agreement, "I'll help."

As the two siblings walked up the steps, after Sabrina also went to bed. Cordelia turned to her brother. "Want another sleepover, tonight?"

Her brother shook his head. "I'm good for tonight, it was only yesterday. I'm fine now." he answered not meeting her eyes.

Not believing him, after the comment he made earlier, she grabbed his wrist.

"You know you can talk to me right?"

"Yes, yes, I know. All we do is talk." he sighed out. "Goodnight, sister." he walked away glumly, without sparing her another glance.

Looking at his retreating back, she bit her lip, realising her brother is going through another one of his depressive episodes, especially after what he witnessed in his dream.

Deciding to deal with it the next day, she also headed to bed.

The next day, while her aunties were occupied, Cordelia decided to spend time with her brother.

Aunt Hilda were out for an interview to work at Dr Ceberus, while Aunt Zelda was downstairs being a midwife for the Blackwoods.

Her brother not answering, she opened the door, inviting herself in.

Ambrose sighed out from his bed, with an open book, without looking, already knowing who it is. "I don't remember telling you to come in."

Ignoring him, she slid onto the bed, on her stomach and smiled at him. "What you up to?"

"Reading."

"Do you want to play chess?"

"I don't feel like losing today."