Chapter 6: The Trail of Sabrina Spellman Part 2

Cordelia was sitting on the porch, taking a smoke

Cordelia was sitting on the porch, taking a smoke. It was the only opportunity she got, since her aunties and Sabrina left for the continuation of the trail. As she decided to only attend the final hearing, before she maimed one of the audience members.

She was just relieved that her cousin was able to forgive her and Mr Webster after she found out about the lawyer's past cases.

Just then she could hear her cousin and aunties come back. She evaporated her cigarette, before they reached the porch.

"How did it go?" she asked, only noticing then that Mr Webster was with them too.

The response she got was her aunt Zelda storming into the house, while her cousin and aunt Hilda looked scared.

Joining them in the kitchen, she took the seat diagonally from her blonde aunt, while her other aunt paced. She has been informed that her cousin will be going through a century old witch trail, to prove that she's either witch or mortal. After Mr Webster had advised that she should be equally trialed.

"Absolutely not, I forbid it!" her aunt Zelda exclaimed.

"Sit down, Zelda, before you collapse. You're skin and bone."

"Sabrina, I have to ask. Do you even know if you have a mark?" Mr Webster asked. "Let's start there."

"Perhaps there's another way." Father Blackwood walked in, surprising all of them. "You'll excuse my unannounced visitation, but I come bearing felicitous tidings. I've pleaded on your behalf to the Dark Lord, and he has offered a path through this thicket."

"Praise Satan!" Aunt Zelda sighed out in relief.

Cordelia looked at the man suspiciously. 'What is the catch?'

"The Dark Lord will waive your punishment in the Pit. He will even allow you yearly visitations
with your mortal friends, but... you must ratify your signature in the Book of the Beast, and you must withdraw from Baxter High, and begin your studies at the Academy of Unseen Arts immediately."

"But this is perfect! Sabrina!"

"We'll await your answer tomorrow night in court. Ladies." the High Priest greeted goodbye confidently.

"Sir." Mr Webster acknowledged him, curtly. "We will not take this deal." he said smartly.

"But the Dark Lord has been moved
by our plight to show mercy. Do you know how rare that is?" aunt Zelda pleaded.

"She's right. So think about that." the mortal man countered. "Why offer a deal? It's a trick. Remember whom you're dealing with!"

After the family huddle, Cordelia couldn't help but wonder where her brother was during the discussion. She entered his room without knocking.

He was looking at Connor's iguana, who seemed to have finally died after its owner's death. Even though, he was dealing with a dead familiar, his sister noticed he still had a excited gleam on his face.