Chapter 16: The Returned Man

The morning of her first day at the Unseen Academy of Arts, Cordelia decided not to have breakfast at her family home

As she prepared herself for the lessons she will be teaching for the day. Father Blackwood only gave her two classes to teach for the day, just to settle herself in. Both classes will be for first years students at the Academy and she will be giving Conjuration.

She has decided to choose Conjuration, Ancient Tongues, Latin, Ritual Magic and Potions as her subjects. Choosing first years and second years as her groups. Though it was surprising to the High Priest, he didn't question it, but Cordelia knew if she can influence witches at an early age, they will absorb information like a sponge.

Cordelia wished the school had Magical History in their curriculum, but for some odd reason, it was declined.

Looking at herself in the mirror, dressed smartly in her black and grey checkered skirt, with stockings and a white buttoned shirt, and a long black coated blazer and her dark heeled boots, she sighed out.

"I look like a student, not a teacher." she said in exasperation, but checking the time, she realised she will not have enough time to run through her closet again.

Blowing a kiss to her sleeping familiar, she grabbed an apple and her briefcase and headed to the academy.

On her way, she couldn't help but think of her brother who probably got the news that he was able to assist Father Blackwood. Whether he knew about her agreement to join the faculty, is unbeknownst to Cordelia. She'll rather find out when she meets him there.

Planning to meet the High Priest at his office to discuss her first day, Cordelia has been given access to enter the academy without invitation.

Reaching the outside of the office. She was met with the sight of both her brother and Aunt Zelda sitting in the hallway, also waiting on the bench, while Luke stood close by.

"Of course, this is just perfect." she mumbled out. As both of them looked in her direction in surprise.

"Delia...What are you..." her aunt started, but was cut off as Father Blackwood walking up to them.

"Brilliant, you're all here!" he intervened. He then addressed Cordelia, while patting her on her shoulder. "Professor Spellman, I hope you're excited as I am for your first day here!"

"Professor?" her aunt Zelda gasped out.

"Well, yes Sister Zelda. That's why your nephew is here today..."

Ambrose and her aunt looked towards her again, but she avoided their eyes.

"Before I converse with you Spellmans separately. I first need a word with Mr Chafant, if you'd please? " he asked the warlock and pointed towards the his open door.

"Of course, Your Excellency." Luke nodded, with a smirk and entered the office with him, closing the door.

All three Spellmans took a seat on the bench, Aunt Zelda was sitting in the middle of them, as they were met with silence.