Chapter 5: The Trail of Sabrina Spellman Part 1

"Here's a question, Aunties."

Cordelia looked up from her potato cutting. The Spellman women, with the exception of Sabrina was busy preparing dinner, as her brother walked into the kitchen, wearing one of their mother's old gowns, with an iguana on his shoulder.

"How can one witch get another witch's familiar to talk?" Ambrose asked, while aunt Hilda cooed at the animal.

"You're not allowed a familiar, per the rules of your house arrest." Aunt Zelda, reminded him, also chopping on pieces of meat.

"He's well aware." his sister defended him, while not looking up, earning her a doleful look from her red-headed aunt for being reprimanded.

Cordelia had stopped the silent treatment towards her aunt, and has now moved onto the pettiness phase.

"I found it perched on the Kemper boy's casket..." the warlock explained himself. "I thought if I could get it to speak, maybe I could find out how Connor died."

"You won't be able to. Familiars are bound to their witches. It'll be dead soon." Aunt Zelda told him frontolly. "The greatest agony it can know is a life without its master. Give it here. I'll make it quick."

The blonde aunt gasped at her sister's cruelty, while Ambrose stepped back
".. Hilda can fashion it into a purse." she finished, while putting out her hand, her goal to put the animal out of its misery.

Cordelia rolled her eyes, not the least bit surprised, while wiping off her knife.

"No! It's mine. For now..."

"Yeah." aunt Hilda added.

Ambrose grabbed a carrot from the table, "I'll, uh, try bribing it with some food, see if that works."

Watching her brother leave, as Aunt Hilda also tried to offer a tomato to the poor iguana. Cordelia grabbed another potato.

"Now I know who not to leave Nyx with, if anything ever happens to me." the youngest witch commented, as she also started chopping loudly.

The red-headed matriarch gave her niece a fixed stare, while the latter sent one right back. Neither of them stopping their loud chopping.

Aunt Hilda looked between the two women awkwardly who never broke eye contact, and jumped at every chop they made.

Sensing the tension, she finally spoke and cleared her throat, "Uhm.. Well, it seems the two of you, uhm have it all sorted here, so I'm just going to...". Without finishing the sentence, she scurried out of the kitchen.

Lifting her knife up, Cordelia paused and scrutinized her aunt, as she noticed something.

"What?"

"Is that...a grey hair?" she finally asked.

"Honestly, Delia, first the silent treatment, now this teasing. It's beneath you." the older witch replied, haughtily while continuing the abolishment of the meat.

Cordelia glared at her aunt, then dropped her knife and shrugged nonchantly, as she left the kitchen. "If you don't want to believe me..."

Just as she reached the stairs, she heard a loud gasp and a loud clutter from the kitchen.

Cordelia let out a satisfied smirk as she walked up the rest of the stairs.

An hour later, the family was waiting in the kitchen for Sabrina, as the aunties have both received signs of aging. Their worries were answered on a piece paper known as the Infernal Summons.

Cordelia was busy with placing all the dishes in the sink, while Ambrose sat with his bare feet on the counter right next to her.

"Aunt Zelda, Hilda?" the half-mortal witch called, as she entered the house.