Chapter 9: Dreams in a Witch House

Cordelia woke up at the dead of night, by her cousin's screams. Jumping out of bed, she flicked the lights in her room and headed towards Sabrina's room.

Finding the room door open, she frowned in worry, and immediately went downstairs to find her brother in the morgue.

"Oh wow." Cordelia immediately covered her eyes, when she noticed what her brother was about to do. "Seriously, Ambrose with an open door!"

Covering his pants and throwing away the magazine, the warlock stood up, defensive. "How else do you expect me to entertain myself?"

Once again, there was a scream and banging making both siblings look at each other and leave the room.

They met with the other women of the household.

"What's happened?" Cordelia asked, while tightening her nightgown.

"Sabrina, what the devil is going on?" her brother also asked.

"Not the devil, Ambrose, a demon!" Sabrina panted.

"In the house! What do you mean "a demon"? What kind of demon?"

"Whatever kind it is, we have protocols in place." the eldest witch took charge.

"We do?" Aunt Hilda, stammered.

"We seal the house to contain the entity, to prevent it from escaping into the world." Cordelia nodded as she spoke.

Aunt Zelda nodded in confirmation, relieved that someone in her family paid attention. "Exactly...where it would cause rampant, wanton chaos."

"Oh, right."

"That's right."

"Okay, let's do this."

The other three prepared themselves, as the five of them formed. Cordelia took her brother's and cousin's hands as they all started the spell.

"Ex spiritibus enim sie te aeris. Qui Omnipotentiam Tuam parcendo clavem ad.Ostium ligate Diabolum hunc! Hoc captionem, et daemonium ab grandus cincinno."

"Spellmans!" the demon hissed again, this time from the top of the stairs, getting the family's attention. "You're his family, aren't you? My captor's kin..." it groaned.

"You smell like Spellmans."

"I'll take that as a compliment." Cordelia mumbled.

"It's hideous" Ambrose also added looking at the demon in disgust.

Both siblings earned a light slap from their aunt Hilda, to quiet down.

"Know this, demon." Aunt Zelda stepped forward. "Our house is sealed with an incantation we, and only we, know. If you harm us, you'll never escape it."

"Another prison? No, no, no! Edward Spellman imprisoned me in the Acheron puzzle for 70 years. I'll not be caged again!"

"Oh, get over it. My brother beats you by 5 years."

Ambrose gave his sister a deadpan expression at the quip, and then asked. "What do you want, Hellspawn?"

"First, revenge on the family of Edward Spellman."

"Did you have to ask, love?" Aunt Hilda, muttered angrily, while clutching their youngest.

"... And then, freedom, so I may fill the world with my sublime nightmares."

The radio magically switched on as "Dream a Little Dream of Me" played.

"I don't understand. Nightmares?" the youngest witch asked.