Chapter 17: The Witching Hour Part 1

Cordelia stood next to her brother in the kitchen, while their Aunt Hilda was boiling tea on the stove.

She had decided to sleepover at the Spellman home for the weekend, to show a supportive unit for Sabrina.

The young girl has barely gotten out of bed since her breakup with Harvey.

While playing with her father's pocketwatch on the table, Cordelia noticed her brother looking at the object in envy.

A normal occurrence.

The teleporting mechanism of Augustus Spellman, could only be used by his descendants.

Ever since their father passed away, it was mostly only Cordelia who was able use it, since her brother was under house arrest.

Biting her lip in thought, she stopped it from spinning, and then dragged it over to her brother with her forefingers, making a soft scraping noise.

The warlock blinked up at her.

"Have at it." she told him softly. Now that he was able to finally leave the house, it was only fair.

"Seriously?"

She nodded, as he grabbed a hold of it and chuckled.

"Calm yourself, it's not like it can take you to another country." she humored, watching his excitement.

"Yes, but it can take me to Dr Cee's in a blink of an eye." he countered, while admiring it.

Aunt Zelda entered the kitchen with a tea set in a rush, making her spoon fall and clatter to floor.

"Blast it!" the red-headed aunt grunted.

"...And a very good morning to you too." Cordelia quipped lowly, while picking up the dropped spoon and placing it on the table.

"Someone's having a baby." Aunt Hilda said, jokingly.

"What? What in Satan's name
are you talking about, Hilda?"

"You know..." the blonde aunt stammered, a bit unsure of herself. "... the saying. "If a spoon falls, a baby calls."

Aunt Zelda still stared at her sister in annoyance.

"Probably Lady Blackwood's." the blonde aunt explained.

"Kindly spare me your old wives' tales, Sister. Lady Blackwood's barely started her fourth trimester. It'll be ages yet."

The red-headed matriarch, realizing someone's missing. "Where's Sabrina? Ambrose? Delia?" she addressed the twins.

"In her room, I believe." Ambrose answered for them.

"Still? It's been days."

"Yeah, but considering what she's been through..." the warlock defended.

"I know exactly what she's been through, Ambrose..." the eldest witch cut him off, brashly. "I was there to pick up the pieces, wasn't I?"

Cordelia gestured, lamely to herself, while looking at the back of red-headed woman. Ambrose sighed out tiredly and Aunt Hilda sneakily rolled her eyes. All of them astounded at the woman's disregard of their contributions.

"This is why I moved out, no recognition for anything you do around here." Cordelia muttered lowly, earning chuckles from her brother and Aunt Hilda.

"She has school. People will start to talk..." Aunt Zelda continued, while stirring her tea worriedly.

"Well, I've made her a little balm
for her broken heart." Aunt Hilda smiled, while taking out the balm. "I'm gonna take it up to her..."

"No, I will." her older sister brushed passed her, grabbing the balm from her hands. Wanting to take care of her niece herself.