Chapter 14: The Burial Part 1

Closing the car door, Cordelia walked up the porch steps after she dropped off aunt Hilda at Dr Ceberus's shop, and a few things at her new place

When she woke up the morning, Prudence was gone, not to say she was surprised, but she was dreading the uncomfortableness of their next encounter.

Entering the house, planning to grab the last of her belongings to head to her new home, Cordelia overhead the rest of her family in the living room area, with the firelit.

Her brother, Ambrose and Sabrina were relaxing on the vintage coach, while her agitated aunt Zelda stood before them.

"She's working at the bookstore, Aunt Zee. D just went to drop her off. Remember, it's Black Friday." Sabrina spoke.

"It most certainly is not." Aunt Zelda scoffed.

"No, I don't mean witches' Black Friday. I mean it's Black Friday for mortals. It's the busiest shopping day of the year."

"It's also one of our busiest times..." the red-headed matriarch countered and paused, seeing her eldest niece entering the room. "Oh, it's you."

Cordelia rolled her eyes at her aunt's attitude. "I just came to pick up the last of my belongings."

Ambrose just nodded slowly, while chewing on his food on his plate, without meeting her eyes.

Sabrina grimaced at her in sympathy. "Do you need any hel..."

"Using my hearse, I'm assuming." the red-headed aunt cut off her youngest niece, haughtily.

"Don't worry aunt Zelda, this is my last run. I will bring it back as soon as I'm done.

"Hmmmph..."

The room was met with silence again.

"Well, I'm glad we're being adults about this." Cordelia said with a sardonic smile, just as the phone rang.

Aunt Zelda huffed as she headed towards the ringing phone.

"We need Hilda here. The Kemper bodies are already on their way, and Satan knows who else."

The eldest witch inhaled before answering. "Spellman Mortuary, this is Zelda."

Cordelia tried to catch her brother's gaze again, but he kept avoiding it.

"No, we hadn't heard." the red-headed witch spoke worriedly. Earning the attention of everyone.

The woman paused as she regarded her niece, halting the phone conversation. "Sabrina, there's been an accident down at the mines."

Cordelia looked at her cousin in worry. Thinking of her mortal boyfriend.

"But Harvey..." the blonde said fearfully, while standing up hurriedly.

"Go. And pray to Satan he's all right." the older woman said gravelly.