Chapter 55

It was the fourth alpha who came to visit him, and he was tall and handsome like the previous ones who came to woo him.

They were all the same, Ari noticed.

Similar in ways they don't even realize they were similar in. Of course, they all had their different personalities and way of speaking, but they all fell back into the same method of trying to impress him. He couldn't exactly pin point exactly how they were similar; they just were.

Or maybe Ari just wasn't interested that they all became one and the same to him.

"Hel-" The alpha cleared his throat when his breath got caught in it the moment his eyes fell on Ari, and he tried again with a charming smile. "Hello, Aurelius."

Polite as ever, Ari smiled back holding a small box in his hands.

"Would you like to go anywhere in particular?"

The alpha was already smitten, and he didn't hide the fact that he was staring as he stood there watching Ari think about where he wanted to go. Ari already knew where he wanted to go, he just liked the effect that he had on the men who came to him.

So easy to sway.

"Perhaps you'd like to join me somewhere more private?" Ari stepped away from the door and walked down the stairs with the alpha's gaze following him the whole time. "I know a very quiet place in the woods."

"Yeah, sure. Perfect." The alpha agreed eagerly, and he surprised Ari by placing a hand on his shoulder making him tense up in alarm. "Lead the way."

"Okay."

There's something he didn't like about the way the alpha's hand sat comfortably on his shoulder, but when he ignored it, he found it to become more relaxed as it trailed down further the more they went until it rested on the small of his back. Ari's hands held the box in his hands tightly, but he made sure it wasn't tight enough to break it.

He did not like this at all.

"Your hand." Something in Ari quivered, he felt sick. "Take it off."

But the hand didn't come off, instead it slithered into his waist and it gripped it pulling him closer. A low voice deep voice whispered in his ear, and it did nothing but make him breath in an intake of air. "Don't be shy, Aurelius. Let's get to know each other better."

He couldn't help the worried whine that escaped him.

An omega taking an alpha somewhere secluded will never not be stupid. This was clearly taken as an invitation for something else, and Ari had no choice but to play along it seems.

"We're here." He almost breathed out in relief, and he tugged the hand off of him with his free hand, and before the alpha could protest, he pulled him towards the log where Cassie sat a few days ago. "Sit, please."

Thankfully, the alpha obliged that request and sat down without much trouble. He looked at Ari with curious anticipating eyes and was delighted when the omega sat down next to him looking down at his box with apparent shyness.

"What's in the box?" He asked curiously, leaning too close for comfort.

Too close.

Ari knew this was a date, but none of the previous alphas were this forward or bold.

"Cookies." He answered him with some reluctance, but he thought he should at least open the box and show it to his company. "I baked them myself."

The alpha's eyes softened at him. "You bake? That's cute."

"Would you like some?" Ari offered and the alpha could not deny the beauty in front of him.

Ari watched as he took a sizeable bite and let out a sound born out of pleasure. "They're probably the best thing I ever ate." The alpha told him exaggerating a bit because he wanted to make Ari like him, and it seemed to be working since he saw Ari's smile grow. "Truly amazing."