Chapter 11

The alpha of the Hawthorne pack watched his son enter the room with a frown that his young face shouldn't have. It was like the weight of the world was placed on him and he just silently sat in front of his father with his hands clasped.

Luna Anna, his wife, quickly noticed the tension in her son's demeanor and was immediately by his side with a worried look on her face. "What is it? What's wrong?"

"Where do I start?" He sighed rubbing his face tiredly.

"Preferably with what's making you so tense." His father said bracing himself for the worst. Not many things worried his son, but seeing him in that state told him something was very wrong.

"I found my mate, and it is Eli."

The news certainly stunned them both and Anna gasped looking absolutely delighted that she forgot all about her son's tense mood. "He's such a lovely boy. You two would be great together." Alec gave her a weak smile not saying anything to ruin his mother's excitement, but his father didn't show the same concern.

"These are good news, so why do you not look happy?"

Alec looked up at him feeling a bit irritated at how he had already told his father about the lunatic who is after Eli a few days ago, and he still had to ask. Clearly he wasn't taking the matter as seriously as Alec had hoped, and in his opinion, that was a huge mistake to make.

"Do I need to remind you that someone killed five of our men?" Alec tried not to show the irritation in his voice, but he wasn't doing a very good job judging by his father's stony expression. "That someone is after my mate."

"Yes, you told me about that."

"So then why aren't you doing anything about it?"

"Watch your tone, boy." His father warned not appreciating the way Alec was talking to him, but his anger softened in understanding. "I know you're worried with your mate being involved in this, but nobody is going to get him as long as he's under out protection."

"You just don't get it." Alec sounded agitated and he felt like he was back to his teen years when he used to say things like that all the time, but his father really didn't understand.

After all, Alec was there when they told him they discovered the five bodies. It was not a pretty scene. Not by any means. Their pack didn't consist of weak people, they were strong, but they were not killers. They never were. The only time they killed was out of necessity, and it looked like the men had fought for their lives.

Lives that they lost.

It wasn't unheard of for a werewolf to be powerful enough to take on and win against three men, some alphas were known to have done that, but to kill five...

Alec wouldn't have believed it if he hadn't personally met him. They were all werewolves, they all possessed strength, speed, and senses normal humans don't have, but Alec was still unable to believe how fast that guy moved or how easily he kept him pinned to that tree. That guy could have easily taken five, especially when some of the men were betas.

Something in him was afraid that if he did come back for Eli, then Alec would be powerless to stop him. He was desperate for a way to keep that guy away or get rid of him entirely, but his father did not seem like he was convinced that he posed that big of a threat.

Still, there was hope that something would be done when his father nodded his head.

"I'll speak to the Dietrich pack tomorrow. They might know something about the rogues who killed our men." Alec didn't comment on his father insisting on thinking that it was a group of rogues and not one person, he was just grateful that something was being done. "For now, just keep an eye on your mate."