Chapter 33 (M)

When Ari woke up, he knew that it was still too soon for him to be awake as he checked the time just to confirm it. It was still too early in the morning, and he groaned sitting up feeling annoyed at the sound of his mother walking around in the distance as he cursed his sensitive hearing.

It took him three seconds to realize that this wasn't his room and the distant steps he was hearing were much heavier than his mother's.

Ari looked at the door panic-stricken wondering how he could be so stupid.

The fact that he was tired and desperate did not excuse his past self for being so careless. There was no way he would have allowed himself to just go into somebody's place and sleep in their room so easily. Especially not an alpha.

But the fact that this alpha is Constantine just made everything a lot worse.

Sleeping with him at a party where people were around was one thing – besides he was under the effects of pheromones, he didn't think about it clearly – but being in his room in his bed was another. Without much thought, Ari rushed for his pants and put them on knowing for certain that the only reason he even felt comfortable to take them off in the first place was because of pheromones as well. Constantine's scent filled the place.

The same mistake he made at the party; he was making again.

Even if he was aware of the mess he was in, it was too late to do anything about it now. Ari was too afraid to approach the door and leave knowing that Constantine was on the other side. All he could do was just sit and stare at it until the inevitable moment when it opens.

Biting his lip, Ari shifted in his place feeling his panic rise with each passing second. The thumping of his heart resounded in his ear as he picked up his phone again to see if there's any response from his mother. He didn't expect one, but was pleasantly surprised when he saw that she actually did respond to his messages at two in the morning when he was asleep telling him she'd be there to pick him up.

But then he read her whole message and his heart sank when he realized she'd be there much later than he hoped. His situation was hopeless and he contemplated if he should pretend to be in deep sleep the whole time when he set his phone down. This wasn't good, he really felt like he was in danger.

His heart wouldn't calm down. He's scared.

Curse his mother for being so uncaring, why does this always happen to him?

Ari could clearly smell blood the moment the inevitable happened and Constantine walked in so casually not bothered by the fact that his face, along with his clothes, were dirtied by blood.

He paused in mild surprise at the sight of Ari fully awake and gave him a grin.

"Did I wake you?"

"No, I was already up." He lied with a shake of his head nervously standing on his feet and hoped that it wasn't obvious that he was trembling. "I should really go now."

Unluckily for Ari, who could use a break once in a while, Constantine was very preceptive of any signs of weaknesses, and the way he curtly let out a thoughtful hum as he approached Ari told him that he wasn't fooling anyone.

The close proximity made him gulp nervously and take a step back, but his foot hit the edge of the bed when he did and he couldn't stop the bloodied hands from grabbing him by the neck tilting his head up by the side of his jaws.

Amusement is all Ari could see when his eyes met Constantine's.

"Isn't it still too early for you to be out?" Ari shook his head feebly at that but stopped when Constantine leaned down touching his forehead with his. A gesture he always did whenever he got close to Ari. "I'm not eager to let you leave just yet."