Prologue

Turning eighteen is always an exciting event in anybody's life, but Eli didn't know how to feel about it.

Everything has been very hectic in his life. It was like there was no pause button for everything that has been happening, and all he wished for was to find a friend in the new town his parents decided to move in to.

A new town meant new people and new opportunities. It isn't like he missed the old one much, and he guessed he wouldn't like this one a lot more either. He stood there in front of his new home emotionlessly as he wonderer what to do now that he was in a new territory. How will people treat him here?

It was no secret what he was, and it affected every aspect of his life. Being born an omega was something super rare and it made a lot of people flock to him with curious gazes. Being watched all the time was nothing new, but he hated the rules that he had to go by.

He can't go out alone without his mother tearing her hairs out in worry.

"How do you feel about this place?" His father asked walking down the stairs of their new home with a big smile on his face. Always trying to be so cheerful and loving, Eli really couldn't have asked for better parents.

He looked at the house and shrugged. "I guess it is cool."

"It is a new start." His father chuckled picking up one of the heavy boxes from the trunk of the car with ease. "Don't forget to be ready for the gathering tonight. Everyone wants to meet you."

Dread sneaked up on Eli at those words, but he still nodded his head with a sigh wanting nothing more than to get things over with. The gathering. Of course.

It was just an excuse for everyone to ogle at the spectacle that is him. It wasn't unheard of for werewolf towns to start a gathering when newcomers arrive just to make sure everyone is at least acquainted, but in his case, it just gave people an excuse to come talk to him.

Eli wasn't much of a talker.

Especially with the threat of single alphas trying to get into his pants just because he's an omega. Like seriously, would it kill them to ask him on a date first?

With an unexcited huff, Eli decided to be helpful and picked up one of the cardboard boxes and walked in for the first time into the new house.

As expected, it was bare with barely any furniture inside and his sensitive nose was hit with the smell of wood and dust making him sneeze loudly.

"Bless you." He heard his mom say from the distance upstairs as he sneezed again. His mother laughed and peeked at him from up the stairs beckoning him to come up excitedly. "Leave that thing aside, and come look at your new room."

With a sniff, he put down the box and tentatively walked up the wooden stairs feeling curious, if not a little bit hopeful, that this room would be better than his old one. His old one was small and still had the remnants of his childhood in the form of old furniture and posters. Eli was too lazy to redecorate as he got older, and while it didn't exactly look like a child's room, he still felt like he got a bit too old for it.

Eli climbed up the stairs and turned to his left where his mother was standing with a grin on her face pointing at the door next to her.

"This is it? My room?" He smiled at her excitement as he approached and she nodded her head.

The door was still closed making him smile softly at how his mother had waited for him to open it. Eli placed his hand on the handle not knowing what to expect as he pushed the door open and saw a very empty room with only a bed and a desk.

"It's..." He didn't know what to say, really.

"I know, I know." He felt his mother's hands on his shoulders as she squeezed them affectionately. Eli placed one of his hands above hers. "It isn't much, but it is a new start."

She was right about the new start part. "No, I just... I love it. I really do."

"You do?" His mother sounded so happy about that.

"Yes, very much."

She gave him a kiss on the side of his head lovingly. "Glad to hear. I'll leave you to explore."

Tracing the wall with his hand as he walked, Eli's face slowly broke out in a smile. This room was much bigger and he could walk around without bumping into anything. Turning around, he saw that he also had a closet and everything.

Okay, so maybe moving into a new town isn't something he's excited for, but it isn't so bad with a room like this.

It is a sad thought to think that his lack of excitement was due to him not wanting to be too hopeful about this new place.

Back when he attended high school in his old town, things were hell. It wasn't like people were mean there, some of them were, sure, but it was the fact that it was impossible for him to make friends. Everyone saw him as this little fragile thing they were too afraid to approach, and in return he was excluded from everything making him feel isolated.

He still remembers sitting in the corner of every class quietly and feeling people's stares, and the times he sat during lunches alone, and also all the fleeting people he knew. It was weird how some had attempted to be his friends, but it never really got anywhere. It was hard befriending someone they couldn't be alone with due to it being risky if they're unmated, and seriously, who gets a mate during high school?

So yeah, high school years were trash and he doesn't have a friend to text about this cool new room.

Now he's turning eighteen soon, and is hopeful to maybe get a friend or two here. Surely at this point in his life he'll meet people with mates who wouldn't assault him due to stupid instincts. Stupid pheromones ruining his life and his teen years.

But the worst thing of all is his heat.

He never got it and nobody could help him on how it works because omegas are rare and not many bothered to educate themselves on them. Hooray for that!

This should be fun.