Chapter 50

Lenora stared blankly at the annoyed man in front of her, and his buddies were right there with him staring down threateningly at her. All four of them while one was sitting on a nearby couch.

"Listen," He leaned down at her desk moving a bunch of papers as he did so, making her increasingly annoyed as she stubbornly crossed her arms. "You deal with the calculations, and we keep your pretty head attached to your neck. Your cut is five percent and that's all."

Lenora considered for a moment before shaking her head. "Fifteen."

"It was ten earlier, bitch." The man slammed his head on the desk with his company getting annoyed as they closed in on her. "I was being generous with that five, but now you get nothing. You either do it or we kill you."

She was only brave enough to defy them because of the footsteps she heard earlier, and as expected, Constantine walked in looking around the place blankly.

"Len-Len," He closed the door relaxedly behind him using the annoying nickname he had for her. "Where the hell did you keep my money?"

Lenora briefly wondered how anyone here would function without her, and she knew exactly where his nonexistent money is. He took it all already.

"You don't have any." She informed him flatly as the man snapped his fingers in front of her face in a patronizing way to get her attention.

"Attention here, lady. My money first." The man told her before turning around towards Constantine and gesturing for him to go away. "And you, out of here. This doesn't concern you."

"It's okay, he's with me." She told them watching how Constantine got her message and approached her with a curious look on his face, but he was enjoying this. She gave him a piece of paper and began explaining. "As you can see, these gentlemen want to split the profits of their sold, erm, goods."

The men grumbled silently but said nothing. Constantine pressed on. "I know what drugs are. And?"

She didn't dare allow her eyebrow to twitch in annoyance.

"As you see, many people were involved in the manufacturing, selling , and what not. I have to go through all of this," She told him giving him another piece of paper that he took without really looking at it. "And I only asked for ten percent."

"Which is a lot for a bunch math." The man yelled in frustration denting her desk when he gave it a kick. Lenora took of her glasses and bit her lip in annoyance.

"Yeah, Len-Len, it is a lot." Constantine agreed grinning up at the men who simmered down at his words. "Do you have the money right now?"

"Don't worry about your cut, we'll get it once you do the damn math."

"So it's in the car." Constantine snorted placing the papers on Lenora's head annoying her further as she placed them back on her desk. "You deserve at least seventy percent, Len-Len."

The man stood up from his chair with a furious look and the men were right there with him. They weren't being taken seriously. "That's it. I am sick of you and this friend of yours."

They both watched as all of them turned around and left the room one by one before Constantine turned his attention to Lenora. "Pretty sure they do have the money in their car."

"Will you really give me seventy percent?"

"Yeah, why not? I don't really need the money." He shrugged nonchalantly making her raise her eyebrows in surprise as she put her glasses back on.

"If you don't need it, give me all of it."

Constantine gave her an amused smile.

"Fair point." He said looking at the door, listening to the men's steps before he decided now was the time to get a move on. "I'll see you in a bit."