Chapter 38

The cell he was in was not at all comfortable. It was cold, hard, and just the way he likes it.

This imitation of how humans uphold the law often amused him. He might be in what could only be seen as a police station with people wearing police uniforms, but it was clear that they weren't normal policemen or women. They were all werewolves, and there are traces of silver in every corner ready to be used if he dared to try anything.

Nobody had spoken to him at all after the incident, and he knew exactly why.

It was because everyone listened to their dear future alpha, and their dear future alpha was approaching his cell with clenched fists and a wary expression.

He stared at Constantine whose hands were cuffed behind his back along with his ankles, and these were connected by a chain that attached him to the wall behind him. In more ways than one, Constantine was at a great disadvantage and yet Alec couldn't find it in himself to display an ounce of arrogance at that sight.

Instead, he was nervous and tried his best not to show it.

"So you're a Dietrich." That was the first thing he said as he leaned on the cell's door making Constantine incredibly disappointed. He expected something more exciting, more scathing. "This is the only reason why you're still alive right now."

Constantine gave him an amused smile and raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure that's the reason?"

"Does it really matter? You killed someone, one of our own. A girl lost her father today." Alec spoke to him as if he cared.

Clearly he didn't.

With his body leaning back against the wall, Constantine felt unbearably bored. He killed more than just this man, no reason for this shocked disgust he was facing. His fault for expecting something fun. "I know, I've met her. Your point being?"

Alec leaned back in a mixture of shock and disbelief. They were talking about a man's life and a family who lost their loved one. More than one life was ruined by his actions, and he couldn't begin to think how this would affect the man's daughter, Heather. His wife - now widow - is still breaking down after the loss of her husband and mate.

This wretched man hurt them in more ways than one, and he still didn't show any hint of remorse or care.

"My point is you're worthless." Alec spat grabbing the bars feeling like he could rip them apart with his anger alone. "You're the one who should be dead and rotting in hell."

A slow grin appeared on Constantine's face, and suddenly he was fiendishly delighted at the emotions he was evoking.

It made him wonder if Alec realized the only reason he was behind a cell was because he allowed himself to be taken there in the first place.

"Keep telling me sweet things like that, I like it." He replied unaffected before provokingly adding. "Eli might like it, too, if I do it to him."

"You piece of-" Emotionally, Alec recklessly pushed himself back from the bars and grabbed one of the men beside him ripping the keys from his belt.

Realizing what was going on, the two betas tried holding Alec back as he unlocked the cell with a click that drowned something and strode right in with murderous intent. It was such a raw display of emotions that he was displaying, and Constantine loved nothing more than to toy with the chaotic fluctuating feelings of a young alpha. Seeing him lose control like that was fun, and whatever happens next would be his own fault.

Besides, the men were holding back the wrong man.

"I will kill you, asshole!"

Alec lunged his way claws out and all, and years of training gave him an impressive agility that made the betas behind him unable to act quickly enough. One slash to Constantine's throat, and he'll be a dying bleeding mess born out of fury.