Chapter 65

It was his own sick joke to place three severed fingers on the table, a proof of his fresh kills that made the alphas stare down at in clear disgust.

"You got your territory." He told them gesturing at the still-bleeding fingers, and he didn't bother to clean himself up of all the blood. He actually made sure that his kills were painted on his person, still. "Now I get what I am promised."

"Throw these away. A simple statement would have sufficed." Eyesore told him glaring up at him with utter dismay. Constantine was treated like a misbehaving pet, and their audacity amused him and it showed. He didn't bother to hide his amusement. "Alright, then. Three kills, three nights."

This whole thing was indeed revolting.

Walking into a pack so casually to murder their alpha and his sons was also a repulsive act, that was not something he'd dispute but agree with. Body parts were placed as proof of the kills he had just done, that is indeed revolting also – he cut them off of fresh corpses. Covered and dripping in blood, making a trail of death wherever he went.

Revolting is what he should have been.

But those alphas were proving to him how you didn't need to kill others to be repulsive. There was something Constantine didn't feel much of, which was being outclassed, and they certainly outclassed him in how deplorable one could be.

Alpha Hawthorne's feelings about all of this were showing, and he might be the only person who is making it easy for Constantine to keep his hands to himself. To silently observe this whole thing as he wondered, will they or won't they?

It seems like two would.

Alpha Hawthorne couldn't. "Anything else-"

"No. Nothing else." Came the swift reply crushing any hopes the alpha had as he hung his head low, but the other two didn't really seem all that concerned, happy with their gains.

They were already falling into discussions about territory expansion and what not, and they did not pause to consider that a murderer was standing before them still covered in blood they could smell. Blood of someone they treated once as an ally with their two-faced intentions. It had almost made him want to assume the position he'd inherit from his father.

Alphas were entertaining sickos, but he's already getting bored.

Guess the position is still for his younger brother to take.

"You could go now, claim your reward." Grump shooed him appearing to be happy at all the land he'd be seizing, all the wealth. Eyesore shared his happiness as he gulped his drink with a look of clear blissful ecstasy. "About time you get out of here."

Constantine didn't say anything, but he did smile as he picked up the fingers and threw in the trashcan without a care. Seems like the alphas didn't like that, but it was not his issue to deal with.

And so, he was led to an interesting place.

A block filled with houses that were mostly unoccupied, but the houses were recently built and new. The place was just waiting to be filled, and they seemed to think that one of the empty houses would be perfect to keep Ari in.

It was so strange to walk into a place that looked so normal, and yet was filled with metal to keep someone captive.

The inside reminded him of the places he stayed in – devoid of anything that wasn't a necessity. There was a kitchen that he passed by, it was used but the scent that stayed wasn't Ari's. The depressing living room, too. In fact, every section of the house had the passing scents of strangers.

It became evident what was happening as he stood in front of the one door which had light coming from under it.

The one door with a scent that did smell like Ari.