Epilogue

Living in a place surrounded by humans was frankly as quiet as it was loud.

They were always busy, and they always had somewhere to be. They spoke so comfortably loud without any fears that someone would listen in to their conversations. There was no needs for privacy with them, and there were no ranks separating them. They simply lived as they are, as they wanted, and they didn't form packs.

They weren't tied to anything.

Ari found himself loving many aspects of how they lived as he sat there in a warm bed. It was empty when he got in, and while getting into an empty bed was nearly an every day occurrence, he rarely wakes up to find it empty. Constantine probably joins an hour before he wakes up since he's always active at night, but he often makes sure to leave his bloody marks on Ari.

It wasn't uncommon for Ari to find some of his blood on his clothes or pillow as a result from a loving kiss followed by an equally as loving bite.

Ari knew that Constantine's mother was human, but it does sound more fitting if she was actually a vampire instead.

Despite the mildly displeased shake of his head, Ari still gave Constantine's cheek a light stroke before giving it a light peck. Ari remained a bit too shy to show more affection than that, but he also didn't want to disturb his sleeping partner. Both of them didn't know it, but they always made sure to kiss the other when they're asleep.

It was hard not to.

Then Ari found himself taking off his shirt to replace it, unhappy about the blood that dripped on it, but he did kind of wish he didn't heal so fast sometimes. He wouldn't have minded a mark or two that lingered other than the one he already had, and the thought dusted his cheeks in pink as he pushed it away.

It was embarrassing how much he wanted to keep every trace of love he is shown. Made him sound desperate, like it wasn't normal, he didn't know just how normal and sweet it was that he's in love like this.

And he didn't know how he ended up here in a place so faraway from what seemed to be an unescapable misery.

While he was content with the temporary apartments, Ari still found himself in a place much nicer and much bigger. A place that actually had Constantine's touch all over it and it reflected the fact that he was a Dietrich a little bit more clearly. There was also a more impressive collection of knives – some given to him by his own mother because she thought he collected them – and they were always littered some place where they didn't belong.

Not that Ari minded much as he pushed some of the knives away to retrieve two small bowls. Two tiny ones he got for his new friends and he filled them with water and treats before he walked out.

The moment he set the bowls down, two small cats appeared running his way, and he watching them fondly as he crouched down to pet one of them. It took a while for them to be comfortable enough to let him touch them, but now they have forged a friendship that reminded him of the kittens he used to take care of back at that town.

One of the few fond memories he had in that place.

"Make sure to hiss at Constantine every day, okay?" He smiled down at one of the cats making it purr as he gave it a few scratches. They actually did hate Constantine for some reason. "You're doing great so far."

The cat meowed at him as if it understood him.

Everything was lovely and relaxed before doom loomed over and the cats started hissing hatefully at the unwanted presence. They were doing their best with their little tails sticking up and their stances taking more of a hostile one. They're adorable.

"Why are you conspiring with cats against me?"

"I'm not." Ari lied still smiling down at them.

Constantine shook his head. "That's not what I heard."

"Go back to sleep, don't worry about it."

But Constantine hated being told to do, and he rarely listened to anyone, and if your partner handles you like you weigh nothing, you'd think that you'd often find yourself at his mercy unable to resist. However, it's the way he just crouches down next to you and gently traps you by wrapping an arm around your shoulder to pull you closer that does the trick.

And Ari found himself entrapped unable to resist.

"I don't feel like sleeping anymore."

"Oh." Ari found himself being kissed so sweetly that he melted into the hold, there was no real force needed to drag him inside because he willingly followed.

The two cats innocently stared at the closing door happy that the person they just welcomed with enmity had disappeared, and they quickly forgot about it going back to enjoying the meal placed in front of them.

Everything was finally okay.

And Ari was finally happy at home.