Chapter 13

Constantine laughed holding his stomach as he did so.

"This is so good." He told Lenora as she stared blankly at him. She really didn't appreciate all the work that he was holding up, but she knew that things could end badly if she said anything to anger him opting to stay silent instead. "Say it again, say it again."

Not knowing why this was so amusing, she didn't have a choice but to do as told.

"The omega is the future luna of the Hawthorne's pack."

Constantine found the news so funny as he laughed again making her wonder what was the funny part she missed. "Best news I ever heard in a while. You have no idea how much I am enjoying this."

Lenora did in fact have an idea. He didn't bother to hide his enjoyment as he kept her from working to laugh at whatever sick joke he found funny this time. "I have business to attend to." She gestured at the papers on her desk, but Constantine didn't care. He never did.

"Then attend to it."

"I would, but I need to be alone to focus on the numbers." She shouldn't have said that.

"Am I a disturbance?"

Silence fell the room as Lenora reached for one of the papers and adjusted her glasses. "No, not at all." She grabbed one of her pencils and pretended to be busy. It wasn't easy under Constantine's watchful, amused gaze to keep her pretense. This went on for a while before he finally decided that he was bored.

"You look tense, Len-Len."

She stared at him from under her glasses before shaking her head. Despite appearing calm on the outside, her heartbeat quickened as she tried her best to remain calm.

He could hear it clearly.

"Been getting more work than usual."

"That so?" He sounded thoughtful, but was uncaring, before standing up to his full height making her grip her pencil tightly. If only she thought before she spoke she wouldn't have aggravated him, but by some miracle he was in a good mood and dropped the whole thing. "Maybe I should visit the Hawthorne's pack. You know, to congratulate the new couple."

Lenora furrowed her eyebrows. "I wouldn't recommend that."

"Try to be a bit less dull."

There was nothing she could think of saying as she tried her best to let the numbers written on the paper distract her. After a few half-hearted attempts at focusing, Constantine finally decided to leave her alone when she proved to be a boring company.

She watched as he walked out of the door and waited a few moments before she let out the breath she was holding and sank in her chair. It will never not be stressful to be dealing with someone like him, and she was so glad he left her alone.

Finally without a distraction, she picked up the paper and continued her work.

Many distances away at an isolated spot in the woods, giggles resonated away from anyone who might hear them. Alec had taken Eli far from town and its curious eyes where the people there, while well-meaning, didn't give them their privacy to be fully comfortable with each other.

They shouldn't be this far and alone. Especially not this early in their relationship, but the two of them couldn't bring themselves to care.

All they could think of is each other, and Eli giggled some more as Alec began kissing him all over.

"You're so cute." He told him and Eli pulled his face towards his. Alec didn't deny him what he wanted and quickly capture his lips with his own. It was a quick blissful kiss, and Alec couldn't help but look down fondly at Eli who smiled up at him. "I could spend the whole day here with you."