Eddie Munson X Reader - What It Feels Like

A/N - This chapter was sort of inspired by the song What It Feels Like For A Girl by Madonna (AKA her most underrated song.) I hope you all enjoy it. 

Eddie had been sitting patiently as you got yourself ready for dinner. Or, at least, he'd been sitting as patiently as he could really manage, fidgeting around on your bed, fiddling with anything he could get his hands on. After all, he'd insisted on taking you out somewhere fancy for once. He'd wanted to give you an excuse to get all dolled up for something nice, rather than your usual shitty diner dates that you'd become so accustomed to. 

His straying attention had suddenly shifted from whatever little knickknacks he'd found to focus on you, sitting in front of your mirror and applying your make-up with so much precision that he couldn't help but be impressed. I mean, you were becoming an artist right before his eyes and your face was your canvas, there was no denying that it was a skill that he had no understanding of. 

He climbed off of your bed, stalking towards you slowly, his eyes roaming over the collection of pallets and bottles and brushes sitting in front of you. You offered him a sweet smile when you noticed him approaching. 

"I'll only be a few more minutes," you hummed, watching him nod, his brow still furrowed as he surveyed the products. 

He finally lifted a hand, tapping at one of the closed pallets lightly. "What's in this one?" he murmured, not quite catching the way your smile grew at his curiosity. 

"That one's eyeshadow," you answered softly, reaching over to open it for him, showing off a cluster of colours. A little half-smile pulled at the corner of his lips as he looked at them, touching one of his fingers to a pristine black shadow and pulling it back to look at the mark on his skin. 

"Cool," he hummed, rubbing the colour off of his fingertips and onto his jean-clad thigh. He finally crouched down, his eyes roaming over the different labels. "What's Primer for?" he finally muttered, picking up the small bottle and scanning over the writing on the back. 

"It preps your skin. Make it look smoother when you put the foundation on-"

"Like spackle for your face?" 

You hesitated for a moment, your mouth opening and closing as you considered his question. "Yeah, it's exactly like spackle for your face," you agreed, your head tilting slightly as you glanced down at him. "Really expensive spackle," you added, watching as he quickly placed it back down, holding his hands up as if he wanted to prove he hadn't done any damage to the bottle. 

"How expensive is it?"

You shrugged slightly, turning your attention back to your reflection as you picked up a brush and your loose powder. "Depends on the brand," you hummed out, running the brush over your cheek lightly with Eddie's attention firmly fixed on the action. "This one is a setting powder. It makes sure the other stuff doesn't all just disappear when you aren't paying attention," you explained softly, reaching out to bop him on the nose with the brush and gaining a soft chuckle from him. 

"Would you show me how it works sometime?" he uttered, still smiling that lopsided smile that you'd always loved. "It'd be totally metal for me to wear this stuff on stage," he pressed on.

"God, you'd look so hot with some eyeliner on," you agreed, biting down on your bottom lip as you considered it.

"Yeah?"

"Totally. I mean, you're always a smoke show on stage, but that'd just really elevate the look, you know? Look at Kiss. They wear make-up on stage all the time-"

"And they're total hotties, huh babe?"

You shot him a pointed look, far too used to his teasing to take it personally. "You're telling me that you don't think Paul Stanley is hot?"

Eddie hesitated for a moment before scoffing. "Anyone would think you had a thing for rockstars, Baby," he hummed, quickly reaching up to kiss you. 

"So, do you want me to be your make-up artist for your next show, baby?"

He nodded, his hand resting on your knee as you continued applying your powder. "There's no one else in the world that I would trust doing it."

*Time Skip*

Eddie took a deep breath as you smudged the eyeliner under his eyes, your other hand resting delicately on his cheek to stop him from fidgeting about. "You know, this is a lot easier when the canvas doesn't move," you reminded him, offering him a soft smile. 

"You've got a pencil next to my eyeball, Baby," he murmured, hearing you let out a light chuckle. "You do this every day?"

You shrugged slightly. "Most days," you confirmed, stepping back to appreciate your work. You let out a soft hiss from between your teeth, shaking your head slightly. 

"What? Does it not look good?" he uttered, his brow furrowing in concern until he saw the glint in your eye. 

"I'm too good at my job," you told him, a faux frown still playing on your lips. "You're too hot. I'm going to be fighting off groupies," you pressed on, seeing a cocky little smirk spread across his features. 

"What groupies?" he chuckled, stepping forward to catch your chin and draw you into a quick kiss. "You know I've only got eyes for the make-up artist," he added, watching as your faux-frown disappear completely, replaced with a bright grin. "Does it really look good?" he pressed on.

"You look hot as hell," you confirmed. "Total God among men," you added, your tongue darting out to run over your bottom lip. "It's a great look on you."

Eddie grinned, running his thumb down your jaw lightly before releasing his hold on your chin. "God, you're such a yes man," he teased, picking up his guitar from the side of the stage. "You going to be right down the front for me tonight, Baby?"

You raised an eyebrow at him. "Where else would I be?" you chuckled. "I've never missed a show, Ed. I'm always front and centre to look up at my rockstar with goo-goo eyes."

He smiled again, giving you a final kiss and then spinning you around and slapping you on the ass to send you on your way. "I'll meet you back here after the show," he called after you, watching you go with a lopsided smile.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x