Robin Buckley X Fem!Reader - Girls

A/N - This chapter was inspired by the song Girls by Girl In Red. Reader is Eddie's childhood best friend, but he's a couple of years older than her; she's a first-time senior in this chapter. I hope you all enjoy it.

"Ed?" you murmured, rolling over on his bed to look at him, a deep frown pulling at your lips. He looked a little startled by the expression you were wearing, putting his guitar down beside him to focus on you completely.

"What's wrong?"

You hesitated for a moment, considering just how easy it would be to dig yourself out of this situation now. It was stupid. Eddie wouldn't judge you. He was your best friend. He'd been there for you through everything. So why was it so hard to just stop pushing him away and tell him the truth?

"Y/N, you're freaking me out. What's going on?" he uttered, moving to sit down on the other side of the bed, watching as you shifted to sit cross-legged across from him. "Talk to me," he pressed, frowning slightly when you let out a soft sigh.

"You have to promise you won't hate me."

His brow furrowed slightly, his face contorting in confusion. "Hate you? Why would I ever hate you?"

"Eddie, please just promise me-"

"I promise," he interrupted, watching as you took a deep breath. "Nothing you could tell me would ever make me hate you."

You nodded, swallowing down the lump in your throat. "I think I like girls," you finally breathed out, biting down on your bottom lip as you waited on his response. 

"Oh," he murmured. "Like, like like, or just sorta kinda like?"

"Like, love like," you uttered.

He nodded, his tongue darting out to wet his bottom lip. "And is it only girls or do you still like guys too?"

"I think it's always been only girls," you told him, fighting back the tears that wanted to fall from your eyes. You'd never told anyone before. I mean, it was terrifying. If you told the wrong person, you would be a complete outcast. You could lose everyone. 

"Cool," he finally uttered, offering you a sweet smile. "So, is there a specific girl, or-"

"Not really," you confessed. "I mean, there's this one girl in my Algebra class who is so pretty that it's practically painful, but, I don't think she's a-" your words trailed off. "A, you know?" you pressed on.

"A lesbian?"

"Yeah," you murmured. "I don't think she's a lesbian."

He nodded slightly. "Who is it?"

"Not telling-"

"Oh, come on, you know about all the girls I like."

You scoffed. "That's because you like all girls," you teased. "Besides, if someone finds out you have a crush on a girl, it's no big deal. If someone finds out I have a crush on a girl, I'll never be allowed in the girls changing rooms for my Phys Ed classes."

"What if I promise not to tell anyone?" 

You raised an eyebrow. "You're terrible at keeping secrets," you told him, watching as he opened his mouth to argue with you. "You carry a lunchbox full of drugs around school and literally everyone knows what's inside," you interrupted.

"But that's my secret, not yours," he corrected. "Remember that time in 7th grade when you got your period in those white shorts your mom got you? I didn't tell anyone, even though you had to steal my flannel to cover your ass."