CALABASH

The chapter begins with mk snoring in bed with a monkey king comic on his face. Suddenly, his room begins to shake, making him to awake from his slumber.

"What? Earthquake!". He cried.

Everything in his room falls to the ground and breaks.

"Oh, no-o-o-o! All my pwecious powsessions!".

His alarm clock then buzzes.

"Huh? 9:01? . . . I'm late for work! Ah! My staff! My staff? Where's my staff? . . ."

Mk trys to summon his staff from his ear but nothing came out. He then looks back at his alarm clock that showed 9:02.

"Pigsy's gonna kill me!".

Mk quickly puts on his work clothes.

"Okay! Socks! Jacket! Bandana! Let's go!".

Mk dashes downstairs to pigsy's noodles.

"And . . . Here! Pigsy! I'm so sorry I'm late. I overslept! And I guess I didn't set an alarm? Honestly, I don't even remember going to bed. And the earthquake! And, and, and . . . Please don't fire me".

Mk begged, getting in his knees.

"Fire you?". Pigsy questioned, looking like he was about to explode, until he turned around to reveal his wide toothy smile. "Ha! Why would I fire you?".

This surprised mk. "Uh, well, last time, you said; if you are one minute late ever again, you . . . Are . . . Fired!". Mk mocked pigsy's voice, as said pig looked a little confused.

"I said that?".

Tang chuckled and wrapped his arm around pigsy's shoulder and smiles at mk. "That doesn't sound like my best friend, pigsy".

The two adults laughs brightly, as mk looked dumefolded.

"Uh . . .". The world shakes again, which only mk seemed to notice. "It's happening again!".

"Again? What'cha talking about, mk?". Pigsy asked, his smile on leaving his face as mk looked more confused.

"Did you not feel that?".

"Feel what?".

Tang chuckled and leaned against the counter. "I think mk's got a real case of the Mondays, hmm?".

"Hmm . . . Maybe it's an inner ear thing? . . . Oh! The staff!". Mk once again trys to summon the staff out of his ear but nothing came out again. "Yep. Uncle, must be in there real good. Uhg!".

Pigsy laughs and brought tang into a side hug. "Your staff ain't in your ear, kid". The shop owner said.

"Oh, heh. That's a relife . . . Wait! Where is it?". Mk asked.

"On top of the mountain, sealing away the demon bull king and his entire family". Tang replied, much to mk's surprise.

"Uh . . . Say what now?".

This confused tang. "You do remember, right? *sighs* I keep saying you work him too hard". He said to the grinning pigsy.

"That's it! You're taking the day off!". Pigsy announced, and in a second, the delivery boy was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mk rides a cloud board through the city. "My first day off in two whole years! This us a perfect day!".

"PERFECT!". Said a bunch of random citizens.

"No traffic at rush hour!".

"PERFECT!".