THE GREAT WALL RACE

"Once a year, this city becomes more than a city. Once a year, these streets become more than streets. This year . . . The winner . . . Will become . . . Immortal!".

A giant trophy shaped as a peach of immortality is seen on the screen, to which mk and mei gasp, getting excited.

"A peach of immortality!". Mk said in awe.

"Uhh . . . Peach of what now?". Asked the clueless pigsy, making mk and mei to gasp dramatically.

Min leaned closer to the shop owner and whispered. "You really shouldn't have said that".

Mk and mei start ranting at the shop owner for not knowing what the peaches of immortality are.

Tang clears his throat. "If you'll allow me". He adjusted his glasses. "Legend says there is a sacred field of trees which grows in the heavenly realm, protected by the gods themselves. Every few thousand years, these trees bring forth the peaches of immortality. Against the wishes of the heavenly h9st, the monkey king took them all. Making himself immortal!".

This confuses pigsy. "Hold up. I thought monkey king was already immortal".

"Of course he is. The old guy's just too lazy to use that ability". Min scoffed.

"Piggy, you're missing the point! Whoever wins this race will live forever!".

Min rolled her eyes. "Pfft, as if". Her phone suddenly rungs and she pulls it out of her pocket to see her mom was calling. "Oh, my mom's calling. I gotta take this".

She exit to the kitchen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Big news, you guys! I'm joining the race!". Min announced to her friends outside of pigsy's noodles.

"WHAT?!".

Min was startled by her friend's reactions.

"You're racing too?". Mk asked.

"Well that is very much what I just said, so yes, yes I am".

"You can't enter the race too!". Mei said, getting off her motorcycle. "Min, you and I both know that I've been training for this race for months".

Min just grabbed mei's hands, much to her surprise as min smiled at her.

"Mei, you know that I would never support you if it means that I have to backstab you in the end. Even if I do enter this race, it's just for fun, and to support my dragon horse bestie of course". Min playfully winks at mei, who smiled back at her.

"Thanks minny".

"Of course, mei . . . But let's not forget that anyone one of us could win".

"Right. And who ever does, we're happy for each other . . . Even if there is a 99.9 percent chance that I could win".

"Okay, let's not get too cocky here . . . Esspecaly since I could win".

This struck a slight nerve in the 18 year old as she narrowed her eyes at min, who was doing the same thing and smirking. But before things could get out of hand, mk spoke up.

"Ahem! Let's not forget that I'm in the race too".

This surprised min. "Wait, you're racing too? No offence mk but you're not exactly the racing type".

"Yeah". Mei agreed. "You barely even stand a chance against one of us".

"Hay! I so too could beat you two. I'm a delivery boy. Pretty sure I know how to drive real good".