"Strangers"

{FANART credits to @sleepyconfusedpotato, find it on Pinterest!}

| |

Simon's Pov:

We were in the meeting room when the doors opened and a gentleman with 2 men in black uniforms and skull masks walked in. We all stood up out of automatic reaction.

The two men in masks closed the doors and began to close the curtains on the windows.

"Kate Laswell." The man said.

Laswell shook her hand-"Thomas Merrick."
The Commanding Officer Merrick?!

"You must be Captain Price, right?" Merrick said as he shook Price's hand.

Price accepted- "Yes, it's a pleasure to see you Commander Officer Merrick."

Laswell pointed to the long conference table for all of us to sit down. We all accepted....

"All of you've been seeking our attention non-stop, it's pretty annoying...so, what do y'all want?" Thomas said.

We were all looking at him and the two mysterious soldiers next to him.

"We have suspicions that Shadow Company along with Commander Shepherd have been working with the Russians...we lost an entire unit...two of the soldiers who were present, who can point to Shepherd as guilty and corrupt, one of them was eliminated while the other, is in a coma." Laswell said as she handed him the mission papers.

Thomas read them- "okay, what do we Ghosts have to do with all this?"

"Where's Callahan?" Laswell asked.

Thomas stared at her for a while- "why do you need her?"

"Why so many questions?" Laswell asked him.

"She's my soldier, my responsibility." Thomas said giving her a smile.

"We know that the Ghosts unit was secretly working underneath Coalition on the same thing I just mentioned about Shepherd. Maely, using the name of  'Gabriela Miller' a fake name infiltrated Shadow Company, collected all the information Coalition needed and you burned it and destroyed all the evidence against Shepherd and several politicians...why?" Laswell asked as she crossed her arms.

Thomas looked down and let out a sigh- "The information is classified. We did burn and destroy the information, but....only Ghosts unit have the original copies of all of it. Shepherd is not only suspected of various corrupt evidence, he is also Ghosts unit's prime suspect for having a major role in some classified operations that affected our unit."

Laswell looked at Price- "Affected?" Price asked him.

"We lost five members and even our dog. Maely's position was very compromised, we had to stop and destroy everything, the identities of all my soldiers were going to be exposed to all enemies, I couldn't let that happen. So we had to destroy everything regardless of the consequences to Coalition." Merrick explained.

"What happened to Maely?" Laswell asked.

"She's under the radar."