"Verdansk"

"We are arriving! GET READY!" Talon woke us all up.

We all started to get up and get ready, Mara was in front of me while Farah was behind me.

"NIGHTVISION ON!" Talon said to us again.
We all lowered our nightvision goggles and activated them.

We all started checking our teammates' chutes, for example I checked Mara's while Farah checked mine. All in chain.

The airplane's hatch opened and the red lights of the plane came on.... It had been a long time since I had parachuted. I felt my hands sweat under my gloves.

"NOW NOW NOW!" we all jumped...the air was whipping all of us, my hands and legs were bent as I fell from the sky.

"Open the chutes." We heard Talon over the channel.

We all opened our chutes-the whole city was blacked out and the only thing you could see were house fires or cars or tanks. It was chaos.

We dropped and I quickly cut my chute and took cover in the trees. Farah and Mara went down and took cover with me.

It was night so everything was very dark. We were only 1 minute away from the city of Verdansk.

"Farah, Melina - do you copy me?" Price turned on the Task Force 141 channel.

"I do copy, Captain." I replied.

"Are you down yet? We can't get see you two on the radar, it looks like the towers were knocked down or something."

We were near the airport and I looked at the airport communications towers and they were all on the ground.

"Everything is in chaos, Price. The airport is down." I said.

"Soap, what's your position?" Price asked.

"Near a supermarket. We're holed up. Roze tried to take us out. Golem and Riley are safe." Soap reported.

Thank goodness Riley is okay.

| |

We all had to wait in the forest until dawn. The equipment would be coming through at 10am according to Shepherd.

"Hey-it's time to get moving." Mara pulled me up.

Farah and Mara were waiting for me. We were close to the road we were going to intercept.

"THE TRUCK IS COMING!" We heard one of the Warcom soldiers warn.

"Throw the steel to break the tires!" Talon ordered.

I opened my bundle and threw the Steel to break the tires on the road. I ran to my position next to Farah and Mara.

The truck passed and the tires blew out. We ran with our guns and two of the Warcom soldiers opened the drivers' doors but they got shot.

"TWO DOWN! I REPEAT TWO DOWN!" Mara shouted.

Talon went to open the truck doors to get the chemicals. While Farah , Mara and I covered the others...when suddenly...the truck exploded killing all of Warcom team.

I just remember how we were all blown away by the pressure and wind caused by the explosion....

| |

Mara's Pov:

I opened my eyes slowly as I felt a great pain in my back...I looked to my right side and Melina was lying on the pavement not moving and I looked to my left and Farah was lying on the grass as well...the truck was on fire...everyone was dead...my unit had been killed.

I got up and ran to Melina, she had blood all over her face, head wound.
"Melina! Hey! Wake up! We gotta go!!!" I moved Melina trying to lift her up.

Melina opened her eyes- "What?! What just happened?!"

"The mission was a trap! We have to hide!" Melina stood up and grabbed her gun.

"Get Farah up!" I told her.

I grabbed my gun and activated my channel- "This is Mara! Laswell do you copy?!"

There was a lot of static and I wasn't getting much of a signal....
"This is Mara! Laswell do you copy?!" I repeated.

"This is Laswell, Mara what happened?! And Talon?!" Laswell answered me.

"LASWELL- WE LOST CONTACT WITH WARCOM! REPEAT- EVERYTHING WAS A TRAP! WE LOST CONTACT WITH WARCOM!" I said as we all started running into the forest.

"REPEAT THE SITUATION, OVER."  Laswell asked me.

"IT WAS A TRAP, THE EQUIPMENT WAS A TRAP, I THINK EVERYONE IS DEAD, REPEAT EVERYONE ON WARCOM IS DEAD! ONLY THREE SURVIVORS!" I repeated as I looked back to see Melina and Farah.

"A trap?" Laswell asked.

"Yes! It was all a trap!" I repeated.

"HIDE AND WAIT FOR TASK FORCE 141!"