"Guardian"

(Flashback)

"Where have you been?!" my mother yelled at me .

It was 3am, my hair was all tousled and I was wearing a short black dress with glitter and my makeup was already all fucked up. I had been drinking like crazy. My mother was sitting at the dining table along with a cup of coffee.

"Ah! Mom! How are you?" I said as I smiled at her.

"What do you mean how am I?! Melina! I was scared shitless, you don't even answer your cell phone and neither do your friends! You made me go crazy! I was afraid that something bad had happened to you! Were you partying?!"

"Yes, mom! With Valentina and Alondra! It was a crazy party!"

"Were you drinking?!"

"A little...hahahaha!"

"No-it's not funny! What's wrong with you?! It hasn't even been 3 months since your father passed away! And you put me through this?! I thought I had lost you too! I had to call John to help me track you down! His team was looking for you!" my mother continued to scream but this time she was crying.

"Mom...can you stop? I'm tired of everything I do or if I didn't answer my phone for 1 minute you justify everything with Dad's death?!!! Okay! That's enough! Get over it, okay?!"

"Melina...look at you! You started smoking again and don't even think I don't know! You started drinking alcohol , God knows if you even do drugs! You quit your job at the hospital! And you're telling me that I'm the one who has to get over your dad's death?!"

"Fuck you!"

"Respect me-what-what's wrong with you?!" my mother was crying non-stop.

I just rolled my eyes and went upstairs to my room.

| |

After I showered and got ready to meet my friends, I went downstairs for breakfast and heard my mother laughing and talking to someone.

"Good morning-"

Price was sitting drinking coffee while my mother was serving breakfast in her work uniform. My mother is a nurse and was about to go in for her shift.

"Good morning, Melina." Price said to me with a smile.

"Hi."

"Can we talk?" Price asked me.

I gave him a shy smile-"I'm sorry, but I have to go out."

"No. You'll talk to him, period." My mother said to me as Price stood next to her.

"But-"

"But nothing, Melina!"

"It's okay...calm down." Price put a hand on my mother's shoulder to calm her down.

"Okay! Let's talk!" I yelled as I tossed my keys onto the kitchen island and sat down in the kitchen armchairs.

Price walked over to my side and sat down.
My mother gave us privacy and went upstairs to her room.

"And?" I asked Price.

"How are you?" Price asked as he hold his hands together.

"Perfectly fine."

"You don't look fine." Price looked at me as I tried to get to the point of what he meant.

"Well, you're wrong. Because I am fine. If my mom brought you here to scold me then don't. Because you're not my father."

"But I am your guardian."

"What?"

"Your father left me in charge of his family. So that I would protect you both with all my life and help you both too."

"Wo- wo...did my father knew he was going to die?"

"No- but all of us leave in writing things before we go on every mission."

"Ok."

"What happened to your work?"

"I quit."

"Why?"

"Okay! My father may have left you to us in your care but that doesn't mean I'm okay with it! So stop with your bullshit questions." I stood up from the chair when Price yelled at me making me open my eyes.

"Sit down!" Price pointed to the chair I was sitting in.

"Or what?!"

"Melina, I've been trying to be a good person but you're already crossing the line with me and your mother! What the fuck is wrong with you?! Have you lost your fucking mind?!"

"Maybe!"

"Well it's over! Either you fix your problems or just get out of the house. Your mother won't keep trying to fix your unnecessary shit and you're a grown woman, not a fucking spoiled brat. Get a job and fix your attitudes and shit or get the fuck out of the house. You have 1 fucking week."

Price got up from the table and left.

| |

5 days later.

Price and my mom were talking in the kitchen...I went downstairs and stood in front of the kitchen island.

"Mom...Price..."

They both looked at me.

"Are you okay? Meli?" my Mom asked me scared and worried. As Price looked at me worriedly .

"I joined the military."