Paying Respect

Izuku POV:

After regaining my composure, I was led back to the Whole Cake Chateau where the doctors continued to treat me. As I waited to get better, I was given a notable amount of tasty treats that I was told would help replenish my strength. I was also somewhat shocked to find out that the people of Toto Land work to make as much nutrients from the sweets they eat so nothing is missed in their diets. It was like enjoying everything you ever wanted to as a kid and not have your mother say you're not getting enough healthy food in you. Finally after about another week, I was healed enough to be released from the medical ward. Walking out, I was met with mom and Katakuri standing in front of me.

"Mama wants to see you. She thought it was time to bring you into the family."

"I see..." I looked away knowing that now there's nothing able to pull me back from this place anymore. I was in Big Mom's territory and this was where she wanted me. We walked towards the throne room to see a door with a face on it.

"State your names and your business if you'd please." The door asked in a rather snooty tone for it to shock mom and have her walk backwards a little.

"Katakuri Charlotte. I am here with my wife Inko Midoriya and our son Izuku to see Big Mom on her request."

"Very well. You may enter." The door opened up for it to reveal Big Mom sitting down in her chair eating a thing of pudding.

"Ah~ Is there nothing better than a sweet afternoon pudding break?" She placed the spoon in her mouth to hold a strangely happy smile before noticing us and swallowing the contents on the spoon. "Ah, Izuku and Inko. Such a pleasant surprise to see you both. I hope you've been healing up nicely my grandson. I will admit, I was ready to go down to Marinefort and kill Akainu for what had happened to you, but Brulee informed me that it was being handled by Katakuri. I am a little surprised you didn't kill him though. Is there a reason?"

"The world saw the evils of the Marines. As such, I wanted to avoid any of that hatred falling on Izuku as much as possible. Believe me mama when I say I'd much rather have suffocated that man under the heel of my boot, but Izuku is already having enough push back as is."

"I see. Well, everything worked out in the end for us. Whitebeard and his crew will most likely fade into a distant memory, the Marines are weakened and that idiot All Might was forced to retire due to that AFO fellow's interference. Ma ma mamama!"

'Wait. All Might retired?' I knew I missed a lot from when I was out, but I didn't know about the retirement of All Might. 'He must've gone far past his limit after I blacked out.' I held my head down before Big Mom spoke up again.

"Anyway, I think it's about time to inaugurate you into our family. Starting tomorrow, you'll be living with your mother on Kumogi Island. How does that sound to you?" I was uneasy with this. I didn't want to be a member of the Big Mom Pirates and I was actually deemed Pops' successor. I had to get back to Marco and the others to find out about what happened, but I couldn't leave the territory without any form of help.

"Mama. If by some chance, I would like to take Izuku out of the territory for a small bit of time."

"And why would you want to leave my territory, Katakuri?" Big Mom glared at him before he gave his answer.

"Though Izuku will be a member of our crew, he should at the very least pay his respects to Whitebeard. Even if you hate him for having Izuku first, he was still Izuku's captain for a period of time. Showing him we respect loyalty will help him understand that loyalty is a two way streak and give us the same loyalty he gave Whitebeard. After we do this, I promise you that we will head back and begin preparations to make Izuku the ideal candidate to take over for you when the time comes. We shall even make certain we have a wedding cake plan started for the cake held for his and Uraraka's wedding day."