Falling into Play

Katakuri POV:

As the events of the war began, I had begun my journey towards Marinefort with Brulee and Diesel who was asked to be our form of transportation. "I figured you could go faster, Diesel. Can't you pick up the pace a little?"

"I'm trying, sir. I'm not used to carrying someone of your umm..."

"So it's a matter of weight." He flinched before shouting in fear.

"PLEASE SIR! I DIDN'T MEAN IT IN DISRESPECT!"

"Relax. I'm not going to kill you over that." I sat back and tried to focus on the task at hand.

"Brother. Can I ask you something?" I glanced at Brulee as she seemed somewhat uneasy. "What are you going to do if you go to Marinefort?"

"Simple. I'll protect Izuku and also try to save those he cares for."

"But wouldn't that mean you're saving Whitebeard? I don't think Mama's gonna like that." I pinched the bridge of my nose in irritation to this. "I'm just saying, she may not take kindly to this if you're protecting one of her mortal enemies. Besides, she's already enraged Whitebeard got to Izuku before her."

"That's exactly why I want to keep Izuku in that man's hands." Brulee turned to me in confusion. "I never wanted our life for Izuku. I wanted him to grow up and be himself. You and I had no choice because we were part of Mama's family right off the bat. But Izuku isn't part of our family specifically. I married Inko, but I never let her into our family because of what happens to people that side with us. To people like you." Brulee held her face over her scar with some sadness in her. She was reminded of my comment when she first got it as a child.

"You do realize I don't blame you for this, right?"

"That doesn't mean that my actions didn't play a part. I feel disgusted with myself with how my own actions to protect Izuku and Inko played out with them being targeted without any form of protection. But I know if I were to return into Izuku's life, it would only make things worse."

"....I think you did a great job the way you could." I glanced up at Brulee to see her smile. "If we're being honest, I knew about Izuku and Inko long before Mama and everyone even had a clue. I umm...keep tabs on you regularly." I rolled my eyes reminding myself of what my sister can do. "Look. Inko never once regretted being with you. She understood what it meant being with a Charlotte and never looked back. Izuku though, I think he'll be someone that we need one day in order to end Mama's reign. But when that time comes, you do realize that you have to face him again, right?"

"I do." I cleared my throat before smiling under my shroud. "If I have to be defeated by anyone, I'd rather it be Izuku. When he does this, he'll be finally free."

"I just hope we can help him in time." Brulee got up while holding a picture of Izuku in her hands. "Mirrors! Please tell me if you've seen this boy! We need to find him as fast as possible!"

With Izuku, Izuku POV:

"So what's our plan now?" I asked for Yaoyorozu to hold her head in shame. "What's wrong?"

"I JUST HELPED STEAL A MARINE WARSHIP! THAT'S WHATS WRONG! The second my uncle finds this out, he's gonna kill me!"

"Your uncle's already a bastard and you somewhat came to reality with that. What's your point?" I didn't understand her argument for it to now anger Yaoyorozu more.

"Enough arguing. We are approaching the gate to Marinefort and are faced with an even bigger crisis now." I glanced at the monstrous gate before turning to Jinbei.

"What's the problem now?"

"You are aware of how the gates work, right?"

"Enough to know that traveling around them is the fastest way to get from Impel Down to Marinefort as well as you have to open them in order to get through."