2.4

Aleksei Petrov
Present

I watched as the love of my life sleeps on the couch inside my office. It was the first time in a while that I saw her at peace, every time I looked at her she looks like she was trying to hide from everything.

I signed the papers, made calls, and send emails to make alliances with different mafias to take down Spanish and German. They hurt Моя королева (my queen), and now they are going to pay, with their own lives.

She and our daughters are the most valuable things in my life and I wouldn't change that. I'll protect them even if it kills me. The door opened and two little heads popped up. "Papa" they both screamed and ran to me.

"Спрячь нас, он ищет нас (Hide us, he's looking for us.)" Summer whispered to my ear as Winter closed the door silently seeing Rora sleeping.

"Hide you from who, my little flowers," I asked and they both rolled their eyes exactly as their mum does.

" Дядя Натаниэль"
" Uncle Nathaniel," they said at the same time making me smile. Summer has always been using Russian more than winter, it's not that winter doesn't understand the language, she understands and replies but she uses mostly English. When summer speaks English she has a Russian accent, like me.

"Come on" I stood up and they followed me, I walked to the bookcase.

"Daddy, books won't hide us from him" my little sassy queen also known as Winter said.

"I know but look at this" I took a hold of Aurora's favorite book, I didn't understand why was she so interested in this until one night she read that to me. It made sense why she loved it so much, she loves books overall we have a whole room for her books and my sister calls it their library.

"Wowww" they both looked at the room with big eyes.

"Now girls if something is going to happen I don't know let's say a bad man with guns you two run here bull this book and get in here, you won't come out unless mummy and daddy or uncle Nate or aunty Al come and take you out of here, okay," I spoke seriously, they had to know that life isn't always flowers and butterflies, there is also bad people and bad things that will happen. "Come on go hide in there," I told them and they nodded while shutting the door.

I walked back to my table and looked over where Aurora sat with a smile on her face.

She stood up and walked towards me hooking her arms around my neck as she hugged me "do you think they need to use that room in the future"

"I don't know my love, hopefully not" I answered honestly with a sigh. The door flew open revealing Nathaniel "where are Princess Winter and Princess Summer, I need to take them to the trolls"

"I don't know Nathan they are probably in the kitchen raiding the cookie jar" Aurora smiled.

"Sure," he said eyeing us skeptically but left anyway.

"Aleks, we need to have a meeting about how we attack. They are at the lowest point right now and we need to make a plan so we can take them down" he said coming back in and walking to the bookshelf. He eyed all the books until his eyes found the one he needed to unlock the secret toom.

"Hello, принцессы game over," he said and they smiled running out of the hiding spot towards me and Aurora.

"Mummy"
"Daddy"
"Papa"
"Mama"

They screamed and Ro closed her eyes as she breathe out and opened her eyes and smiled.

They can be sometimes loud and Ro needs time to calm down. Ever since that day, she has been very sensitive to screaming and everything that may cause flashbacks or memories."Yes," she spoke with a smile as she crouched down and hugged our girls.

"Can we go watch Rapunzel pleaseeee?" they asked with puppy eyes.

"Okay, go put your pyjamas on and go to the movie room I'll be there," she said and kissed both of their cheeks.

"Daddy?" Winny asked and I looked at her sadly, her smile soon turned into a frown, "I want to, I do but daddy has some work to do, we can watch a movie tomorrow maybe," I said and she nodded whispering small okay as she hugged me.

"I know you have to keep us safe, don't worry daddy I understand," she said and kissed my cheek.

"My smart little girls," I said and kissed both Winny's and Summer's heads.

They left and I was left alone with Nathaniel, "so we have information from inside, you know how Alijah has been sending us info right"

He started and I nodded, without Alijahs help we wouldn't be here.

"He said that he got Antonio and Adriano out of there and ever since has gone huhu in their heads and started to take their anger out on everything close, so he can't send us info anymore since Fernando and Alessandro have been tracking everyone's phones, computers, but he did send us a file that has all the passwords, blueprints to the house and all the warehouses. He told me that he will be leaving the mansion to go to Ant and Adriano" he finished and I nodded

"Do you know where they are?" I asked and he nodded. "Italy, to their Aunt Maria and Uncle Francisco in Sicily" at least they are safe. "You should go now," I said and opened the files on my computer.

***

I was finally done, I looked at the clock to see it was 3 in the morning.

I stood up and walked down the hall the hear voices in the movie room, I opened the door to see my girls sleeping. I took winter in my arms and brought her into her room. I did the same with Summer.

When I went back to the movie room I saw Aurora half awake and smiling, "hi, what time it is?" she asked.

"3:16," I said and she nodded falling back to sleep. I brought her to our bedroom and changed her clothes since she was wearing a dress.

I still remember how she said to me that she hated sleeping in dresses and overall anything long and with makeup.

I took her Cleansing Water Makeup Remover and cotton pads. I took off her mascara and concealer and did her night skincare.

I went to change my clothes and got in bed next to her pulling her into my chest.

"Good night Моя любовь," I said kissing her forehead.