1.5- Aurora

As Sofia and I settled into our chairs, the maids served our food

I found that I wasn't very hungry, so I only ate half of what was on my plate. I began pushing the food around, losing my appetite.

Gradually, I drifted off into a daze and didn't notice Francisco speaking to me until Alijah's nudge brought me back.

Turning to him, I saw his gentle smile as he gestured towards Francisco. I returned the smile and nodded in acknowledgment.

"Okay, has everyone finished eating?" Fernando asked us. There were several yeses and hums in response.

Lijah, me, and everyone else stood up and started walking towards the living room.

"So can you kids introduce yourselves to Aurora? Let's start with the oldest and say your name and age." Sofia smiled at us.

"My name is Alessandro and I'm 26. I'm also your eldest brother." He gave me a small smile that no one could see except for people who see small details about people and can read people easily.

"Alfonzo and 23," he told me. Alfonzo looks like one of those "don't fuck with me" types.

"I'm Alijah, but as you call me Lijah, as you already do and know, I'm also the 22nd oldest and the doctor of the family," he smiled at me.

"I'm Angelo, 17, the smarter and better-looking twin."

"Adriano, the twin of that idiot, because I'm the better-looking and funnier twin," he referred to Angelo while smiling at me.

"Antonio, 17 I'm your older twin and thank God you are there because these things are eating my brain." By these guys, I think he's referring to Adriano and Antonio

"I'm Aurora, 17 but you can call me Rora if you like," I said politely.

Francisco cleared his voice, which caught my attention: "Well, Aurora, I would like to go over some rules and then talk about your school, so please follow me, Sofia, and Alessandro to the office."

We entered a beautiful, modern office. There was a coffee table that divided 4 black chairs into two. There was also a large desk with a black chair on wheels.

"Please sit down, Aurora." Francisco led me to the chairs.

"So, I want to set some ground rules, and before you say anything, yes, the swearing rule applies to boys too," she said, smiling.

"Okay, but if some of the rules don't suit me, can we change them to suit both of us?" I said it in my business tone.

Alessandro Martinez

"So, I want to lay down some ground rules, and before you say anything, yes, most of the rules apply to boys as well," Dad said, smiling at Aurora.

It had been so long since he'd smiled, but at the moment, it was all he did.

"Okay, but if some of the rules don't suit me, can we change them to suit both of us?" Aurora said it in a businesslike tone that caught me off guard.

How could a 16-year-old girl talk in a perfect business tone that could scare the mafia bosses to death?

While I was thinking about it, my dad started talking about the rules.

Aurora Martinez

"Here are all the rules," he said while passing me the paper

1. No skipping school
2. Get good grades
3. No smoking, vaping, drinking alcohol, or narcotics.
4. Respect your brothers and everyone older than you
5.no swearing
6. Dinner every day at 6 PM
7. Ask if you need anything; money isn't a problem

I swiftly reviewed all the rules, and there were only two that I found disagreeable.

"Alright, let me clarify what each of these rules entails," Francisco said as he gazed at me and I signaled my understanding with a nod.

"The first rule is no truancy. Essentially, this means you are not to skip school unless you have permission from Alessandro, Alfonzo, Alijah, myself, or Sofia.

The second rule is about maintaining your academic performance. I expect you to achieve grades comparable to those you obtained at your previous school.

The third rule prohibits nicotine, alcohol, or drugs, which is self-explanatory.

The fourth rule is about respect; it's important to show respect to those older than you and to your family.

The fifth rule forbids swearing. Swearing may be acceptable outside with friends, but it is not allowed at home.

The last two points are expectations rather than rules.

We dine together daily at six p.m. If you need assistance or have issues with someone, feel free to discuss them with us, and we'll address them. Do you have any questions?

"Just two: I don't respect people who don't respect me, and I don't smoke, drink, or do anything I shouldn't."

I told them and they nodded at my answer.

"Well, with that, you can go to your game or your living room," Sofia said, smiling at me.

Her redemption (unedited)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara