1.8- Aurora

"What do you mean, if it's not yours, then whose is it?" Angelo screamed at us

Athena began to explain what had happened, but before she could start, the door burst open and the Rossi twins entered. "Hey, Ro." Liliana greeted me with a smile, which I didn't return.

"Liliana, what are you two doing here? Weren't you supposed to be with Luca?" My calm had vanished. Lorenzo has been causing more damage than anyone else on the first servers, and now this attack.

"What do you mean, 'What are we doing here?' You texted me to come," she said, looking at me confusedly. I pulled her close and whispered.

"You were supposed to be at headquarters with Luca to check for anything missing or to see who died today."

"What the heck happened in there?" She stepped back.

"Lorenzo is trying to take me down, along with everything I own," I explained, and she nodded in understanding. I approached Lilith for a hug. "Hey, witch," she greeted me.

"Hey," I replied, then turned to my brothers. "How do you two know each other exactly?" Adriano asked us, curious.

How do we get to know each other? That's an interesting question. Let's consider it. How might three girls meet? Maybe two new girls arrived in town, joined the public school, and became friends with a girl who was friendless.

They began to spend time with me, unconcerned that everyone stared as if they were mad; they were eager to befriend the little girl whom everyone else shunned.

Together with their parents, they helped this little girl create a significant organization dedicated to aiding children just like me. Children who were broken, neglected, and nearly lifeless wanted to offer me and others a chance to live, a chance to heal. They mended me; they transformed me into the person I am today.

"From middle school," I said, smiling at Lilith and Liliana.

"Ro, it's time. It's almost 5:40 PM, and Tristan is here to pick you up," Lilith said, glancing at me and then her phone.

I nodded and turned to Artemis and Athena.

"It was nice seeing you both again, Athena and Artemis. Until next time, or maybe not," I said with a smile, then turned to my brothers.

"I'm heading out, so I'll be back late. Could you guys—" My words were interrupted by Antonio. "We'll take your bags home; go have fun," he said with a smile, and I embraced him lightly.

"Be safe, okay?" he murmured, and I nodded in agreement. After a couple of minutes, we let go, and I began to leave the office.

"I want a hug too," Adriano and Angelo chimed in unison.

Pretending not to hear them, I continued on, but their awareness of my feigned ignorance prompted them to shout, "We expect our hugs at home!" Their words made me laugh and shake my head as I stepped outside.