1.4 - Aurora

We began our drive to the airport, and as Alijah made some phone calls, I struggled against the urge to sleep

We began our drive to the airport, and as Alijah made some phone calls, I struggled against the urge to sleep. My eyelids grew heavier by the minute.

"Sleep, mi querida," Alijah whispered, and I succumbed to slumber.

Four years ago

I had just left the gates of my school and was walking home when I saw a black car following me.

I started walking as fast as I could after the last harassment at home. I really couldn't stand another one. The car started to speed up to match my pace.

The car caught up with me and 4 masked men got out of the truck. I tried to run away from them, but they were faster.

One of them grabbed me by the leg and I fell down, hitting my head against the concrete.I tried to get them off of me.

Get off me, please. I didn't do anything. I begged them to let me go.

One of the men took off his mask to reveal a sick smile on my father's face.

"Shh, it's OK; nobody's going to hurt you."

No, no, no.

Present

I awoke to the sensation of being shaken.

"Shh, wake up, Querida; it's just a dream; it's not real."

"Get off me," I said to an unknown presence.

"Come here; it was only a dream. You're safe, Aurora." I was reassured with a hug.

Opening my eyes, I saw Alijah embracing me, his hand stroking my hair.

"We have to get to the plane," he whispered, and I nodded in agreement. As I tried to stand, my legs wobbled like jelly, and I began to fall backwards. Luckily, Alijah caught me before I hit the ground.

He placed his hands on my ribs to help me stand up, but two days ago.

Jackson was enjoying himself.

"Are you feeling okay?" He looked at me with concern.

No, I'm really dizzy and my ribs are aching.

Stop being so overly dramatic.

Be quiet; I don't need your remarks.

"Yes, I'm fine," I assured him with a smile, and I proceeded to retrieve my bag from the backseat. "Can we leave now, please?"

"Let me help with that," he said, gesturing to my bag. "There's no need; I've got it," I responded with a faint smile.

"Alright," he replied with a doubtful grin. With a nod from me, we began walking towards the jet. It was larger than mine, and the interior was stunning. He guided me to the sitting area and got out his computer and phone. he's probably going to start working.