chapter 41 - Sometimes a Fantasy

FLASHBACK

(Adventour Tour, few months after France)

VICTORIA'S POV

The heat was unbearable, but still it did not exceed the temperatures of Italy in summer. Oh, summer in Italy. I missed home. Those afternoons on the beach with my friends. The burns on my neck. Seeing Dami in those beach shorts he always wears. There were parties every day, all the time, be it in clubs, giant mansions. Sleep, work, have fun and go to some party. That was our routine. At these parties, we met many famous people, celebrities, influencers, models. All very well produced, but they don't share any sense of something really real. Most of those people live in a lie. In perfect lives stifling addictions, whatever they may be. Alcohol, tobacco... fame. Fame is also an addiction. There are many people who fight hard to always be on top, to get attention. And there are others who get close to someone famous, and take advantage. And those people who live on the basis of interests... groupies. How many times have I not seen groupies going into the dressing rooms of Damiano, Ethan, Thomas. But they stopped going to Dam's when in Florida they caught me almost naked with him. They tried with me, too, several times. One chick named Cherry stole a kiss from me in Ottawa. She had a 70s haircut, cute eyes and filled lips. I remember her name because there was some man in the club shouting that name. I remember the argument I had with Damiano that night. The two of us in two separate rooms although his room was not much use, still in clothes laden with sweat from the concert. He had seen me go to the bathroom with the girl, and we were starting something minimally serious. If there's one thing he can demand, it's exclusivity. It's just him, and no one else. When I got to the van, I got a stare from him, annoyed. We couldn't discuss that inside, in a car full of management staff and Ethan and Thomas. But the instant he got to my room, I started talking. And he started to answer.

"Tell me, what's the problem?"

"The problem? You tell me what the problem is." He was wearing a loose black blouse, dark leather pants.

"Me?" I return to ask, again

"Yes, you. You're the one who kissed someone tonight."

"I want to make this clear. If you don't want to take me on, I won't take you on. That's why we're free to be with whoever we want," I pause. "After all, who slept with that Kaia nepotism kid a few weeks ago? With an engaged woman."

"Don't bring Kaia to this," he demands. "But is it so wrong that I want you all to myself? Is it so stupid? Is it so stupid that I like you? At this point I don't know."

"That's not what I'm talking about, Damiano. Until you go through with the divorce with Gio, you can be sure I won't make an NDA. And boy, don't bring that stupid girl into conversation again."

"I know, but..." he starts. He is making excuses. I can't believe this.

"But what? Do you still like her?" though asking this broke my heart, I had to.

There was silence in the room. "Damiano, yes or no."

"Okay, I still have feelings for her. Satisfied now?"

"I knew it," I knew I had to keep the posture, I had to swallow that 5 words like a heavy pile of pills.

"I don't want any trouble. What if she makes a drama out of the situation?"

"She doesn't know anything, Dam. Absolutely nothing," here I wonder myself how he could had been married to such a dumb human being.

"How do you know that?"

"I talked to her once about it, she doesn't know anything at all."

"If you say so."

"And... do you want to remarry?" I ask, impulsively. Moments after, I prayed to all the angels that this wouldn't be a great mistake to be done.

"It depends on..."

"Depends on who?"

"On the person."

"Like, if it were me?"

"Don't ask me hard questions."

"Copy that. Well..."

"Can I tell you a story?" he gives me a slight smile.

"Be my guest."

"Years ago, when I was backpacking through Weastern Europe, I was just outside Barcelona, hiking in the foothills of Mount Tibidabo." Joey, Friends. The conversation he always makes when he wants my most precious thing, my body.

"And you were at the end of that path, and you saw a lake, dead silent, and..." at this point I remember that I though how I did fell in this fairytale again.

"There were tall trees all around, right?" he continued, pulling my skirt up to my thigh.

"And you saw a beautiful woman, bathing herself. She was..."

"Crying?" he confirmed, as he took off my shirt.

"Why?" I said. I was Ross in this story.

My see-through shirt was hiked up so that it showed my bare chest, and my skirt pulled up. He, in an unbuttoned black linen shirt. On that and many other nights, he did anything I wanted to me. "For your love I'll do whatever you want". That's one of my favourite songs to play. Its perfect rhythm doesn't match with the intensity of our actions. I entwined myself in his tattoo-filled body when he was done giving all my special needs. Feeling his warmth, his heartbeat, his embrace, his touch, made me feel in an inexplicable way. It was like he was reading my mind. He knew my strengths, and weaknesses. Where I loved to be touched or kissed. Only he knew that, and he was very aware of it.

"Vic?" he called out, checking that my eyes hadn't closed yet.

"Yes?" I answered, in a sleepy voice.

"I love you."

-
hi guys! this chapter and the upcoming one are adittions to the story (flashbacks). I found interesting exploring Dam and Vic's relationship before it was official and had its own complications. Oh, and for those who noticed, this was the first time Dam said a genuine "I love you" to Vic!

I invite you all once again to get to know my new Måneskin fanfiction, that has great tension between Damiano and Vic as well. Then if you're able to, give some feedback:)

thanks for everything,
mel.