chapter 11

VICTORIA'S POV

2 months had passed, and my favorite time of the year has arrived: Christmas. The cold weather, the golden lights, and the Christmas spirit are back after 1 year, finally. As always, my Christmas should be spent with my family, but as they all went to Denmark on vacation and the band has things scheduled for the last days of the year, this time I'm going to spend it with Ethan, Thomas, and Damiano. I mean, the four of us and Giorgia.

This year, we plan to spend Christmas and New Year's Eve in Paris, France, as we're having a show there on the first days of January. Paris is ranked as one of the best cities in the world to see New Year's Eve, so hotels are packed with people at the time, especially those close to Eiffel Tower. As I already mentioned, Giorgia is 'living' in the home studio, although she spends a lot of time out. The other day, I caught Damiano's conversation with her as I was walking through the kitchen, and it was almost impossible to stop listening to it.

" Damiano, I don't want to go to Paris. You promised me that this year we would spend New Year's Eve in Venice."

"I know more, but it's not my fault, I have things on the band's agenda."

"You know you can come to Venice at the end of the year, right?"

" Yes, but... I can't let Vic down; I've never seen her so happy compared to 6 months ago."

" Wait, did I hear the right thing? Aren't you going to spend the end of the year with me because of your needy best friend? I can't believe this."

Wait, HIS NEEDY best friend? Those words had come out of Giorgia's mouth, one of the people I thought had the slightest bit of affection for me.

" Listen, Gio. Here's the thing: since Vic got back from Zurich, I've been promising her a trip to Paris on New Year's Eve. She hasn't left the country since June, which is kind of unusual for a member of a band who was at the highest level of their fame. The 4 of us promised not to go back on stage without her, and finally, she has permission to return to her "artist life". And I... I'm not going to let my best friend down again, okay?" he said, in a different voice.

I was trying to control myself not to go and confront Giorgia, but anyway, then I thought it wouldn't be worth it because I don't like to interfere in anyone's relationship. Yes, during those next few days I had to treat her as if nothing I had heard had happened. As they passed me, I pretended I was drinking water, but I think I still didn't quite hide the anger in my eyes. But that's it, I can't say that I didn't like the fact that Dami defended me.

The night before we left for Paris, Ethan and I had to clean up the home studio, as we were going to be away for a week. After 2 hours, we finally conducted to get everything ready, although some things were a little messed up. After all, all the decorations we had made around the house would be kinda abandoned just at the best time.

That same night, it was already 4 am and I was still preparing all the things. On the way out, I saw a suitcase from Giorgia at the exit door, which meant that maybe she would also go to Paris with us. But when I was passing by Dam's room I could hear another talk between him and her, once more.

"Damiano, I think that after what you've just told me that it's totally out of the question for me to go to Paris with you. I can't, sorry, I can't."

"But Gio, they don't know what they're saying. And what she did so wrong?"

"WHAT'S SHE DONE WRONG? Let's see; maybe she'll always be close to you, you're constantly together, not to mention that you two can take a shower together without any shame and that a while ago I caught her at your house wearing one of your shirts. Sorry, but this is weird."

Yes, she was talking about me... I was right when I thought she was upset on that day a few months ago.

Wait, she thought me and Damiano...? Wow, wow.

By this point, I was fed up with all the things Giorgia had said about me. But I couldn't just explode and confront her, that would be a very low-level thing. This whole situation left me with a little desire to sleep, but either sleep or not, it wouldn't make so much difference. In the end, I managed to get about 4 hours of sleep, and then I was woken up by Thomas, who was singing a Christmas song. I dressed fast, thinking we were super late, but when I was ready, the other 3 were still in their rooms getting dressed.

The first to get ready was Ethan, secondly Thomas, and lastly Damiano (as usual). He was wearing a red blazer over a band merch hoodie and baggy black pants, an outfit he'd worn a few weeks ago. In his hair, I saw a little gel, on his neck, a pearl necklace, and on his lips, a light moisturizing lipstick with a strong cherry scent, wait... that lipstick was mine, wasn't it? Had he stolen my lipstick?

"Damiano, I think you're using something that belongs to me," I said, getting close to him.

"What?" he said, pretending not to know what it was.

"My... lipstick. I know that scent from it."

"So... come smell it."

I pressed my nose to his lips, and then I smelled that artificial cherry scent. Meanwhile, I heard in the distance a suitcase on wheels moving, and the door, slamming shut. Someone had left the home studio, but at that moment I was more concerned about smelling that cherry scent on his lips. It was a bit embarrassing, but, I kind of appreciated it.

"Guys, Leo is already outside waiting for us. Dam and Vic, stop fooling around and move on to something," said Thomas, a little impatiently.

We went to the airport in my car, that only has 4 seats and had to take 5 people. Until then, I decided not to ask Damiano why Giorgia wasn't going with us, even though I already knew the answer. After a mini problem with Ethan's documents, Damiano and I went to that classic routine of getting lost in airport stores in the perfume area. The last time I had been at an airport was almost 6 months ago, after that thing in Zurich, and honestly, I already missed that messy airport atmosphere, although it also stressed me out a bit.

After 2 long hours spent simply watching Netflix, we arrived in Paris. The weather there was cold, with some rain and some dark clouds in the sky, but at the same time, there was welcoming energy. Some fans were waiting for us outside the airport, and as usual, we went to take pictures and talk to them. I was particularly excited to go to the hotel, not least because their reviews were great, and the photos of the rooms were breathtaking.

When we arrived, I was almost drooling over that place. The entrance was large, with gray walls and golden Christmas lights, and a small fountain. The reception was even more beautiful, with amazing decoration and very attentive and friendly. After a little misunderstanding with the rooms, Leo got the key to our aparthotel, which is an apartment, but included inside a hotel.

We arrived there, and I was even more shocked by the beauty of that place. I took pictures of every detail of the decor, which was like the entrance, but with a little more clarity. There was only one small detail I had forgotten: the rooms were double. And the general rule is "Damiano and Vic in one room and Thomas and Ethan in another." Sometimes, when Leo stays in the same aparthotel as us, he usually stays with Damiano and then I'm alone in a room, but that didn't happen this time.

When he and I were unpacking our clothes, I decided to ask that question that I wanted to say before.

"Why didn't Giorgia come?" I asked once, and he didn't answer me.

I asked twice, too. And when I asked the third time, he finally answered me.

"That's none of your business," he said, a bit aggressive.

Wow, I didn't know that Damiano. That wasn't the person who always told me "Violence doesn't solve anything." when I was dealing with my anger issues. A while later, I realized that I had unintentionally touched on one of his 'wounds': his relationship with Giorgia.

"Damiano, I'm sorry."

He didn't answer me, again. It seems like the more I repeated it, the more he ignored me.

-

hiiii!

the next chapters will be very important for the rest of the story, so stay tuned!

tks for reading :)

mel.