chapter 10

DAMIANO'S POV

When I woke up, I could smell the honey scent mixed with the vanilla of Vic's hair next to my nose. It was already 10 am, and I could already see a few drops of rain on the window, and some cars passing on the road. As I wanted to surprise her, I looked up a recipe for waffles on the Internet, as I had bought a waffle machine some time ago and I hadn't yet tested it. I took advantage of the fact that Vic was sleeping for going to a market that's close to my apartment to buy some missing ingredients and also her favorite coffee capsules. The moment I arrived, I ran to the kitchen and started getting things ready very quickly because it was almost 10:30 am and Vic used to wake up around those hours, and I was so quick that I didn't have time to change my wet clothes.
Despising the fact that I had been distracted by a message from Leo, the waffles were, although they were almost burned.
When I called her name, I saw her walking down slowly down the hall, looking tired, but with a smile and that twinkle in her eyes.

"Buongiorno," said Vic, with a happy voice.

"That shirt looks better on you than on me, it seems that even having just woken up, you have a prettier outfit than mine," I commented, joking.

"I think so too, I'm thinking of stealing it."

"Vic, enough. You want half the clothes I have in my closet. I'll start stealing yours too."

"Okay, I think half of my clothes won't fit you even by the arm, but..." she said, laughing a little.

"I'll see who it is," I said as soon as I heard someone knocking on my door.

"I'll go, Dam. As you said, I'm more well-dressed than you, right?"

While she went to open the door, I went to my room to change into something warmer, like simple jogger pants and a hoodie. And when I came back, I saw Giorgia, my girlfriend, in the distance.

"Dam, I came to get my wallet. I think I left it there..." she said, staring at me and Vic.

"Aaaa love, no problem," I said, kissing her.

I saw that Vic was still leaning against the door, arms crossed and looking doubtful. She had something to tell me, I noticed it when I looked at her eyes. With my help, Gio found the wallet, but even so, she seemed uncomfortable about something.

When she left, Vic slowly started to walk over to the couch where I was sitting.

"Vic, has something happened that I don't know?"

"No, nothing... It's just that Giorgia looked at me in a way that..." she said, with her voice trembling slightly.

"What do you mean, Angel? Tell me more."

"Like.... she.... she didn't like to see me wearing your clothes."

"But... did she say that?"

"No, but I noticed it... I did something wrong, I'm sure."

"Dolcezza, come here," I said, placing her in my lap. - "You didn't do anything wrong, nothing at all..."

"But.... but she looked at me in that way... " she said, blinking her eyes.

"Vic, look at my eyes," I said, putting my hand on her neck. "It's not your fault if she's in a bad mood or anything like that. I know it's hard, but sometimes we have to stop worrying about things that we can't control," I said, putting my both arms around her shoulders.

After that hug, she didn't want to let go of me. We stayed in that position for a while, so long it made her fall asleep on my chest. At the time, I didn't pay much attention to what Vic said, because anxious people tend to think a lot of things that don't correspond to reality, although sometimes they're right. A time later, she woke up and quickly became calmer. Just to put my mind at ease, I called Giorgia, and it seemed like everything was normal.

"Vic, I talked to Gio, and..."
"She was upset, right? I knew it," she said, with her right leg starting to shake.
"No, honey. She wasn't upset. Do you see? It was nothing."
"Uhhh, okay. Are you sure she's telling the truth?"
"Giorgia is a sincere person, and you know it."

"Okay..." she said, placing a pillow on her head.

I noticed that her leg was still shaking and her gaze was taking in everything in my living room. She was uncomfortable about something, but once again I had the 'magnificent idea' of not caring about it. Sometimes, I get to the conclusion that all I do is shit.

"Dam, I think I'd better go get my clothes and... go home."

"No, Vic, that's not necessary. But if you want you, I won't prevent it."

When she went to change clothes, I looked away and saw her, hanging in my room, which had the door closed. She was wearing a pair of black pants and starting to pull on one of her boots. Ar her waist, that golden belt stood out amid thar dark outfit. Around her neck, was a necklace with a cross. On the wrists and fingers, some rings and bracelets. On her torso, was her black lace bra, which contrasted perfectly with her pale skin. Wait, I was... observing my bestie getting dressed, right? My god, that felt so wrong. But... I wanted and I didn't want to keep looking, because if I kept looking, I'd know I wouldn't be able to stop.

-
heyyy :)
Giorgia in this story is a CHARACTER, I believe that in real life she is a good person.

*fictional story, none of the facts were never confirmed or realized*

tks for reading <3
mel.