chapter 7

DAMIANO'S POV

I try to stay strong, but I was pretty shaken up by the whole situation. On the night of the discussion, I couldn't sleep for a single minute.

But at that moment, my anger overcome my sadness, so I blocked Vic almost everywhere, on impulse. To avoid a 'worst atmosphere', when we went to Zurich, I talked to Thomas to change rooms, although I was still a little upset with him. I made a deal with him: I would switch rooms with him in the afternoon. So, from that moment I'll be supposed to be with Ethan and Thomas with Vic.

I was on my way to my room, swiping my keycard on the door. I didn't see Victoria there; I thought she probably would have gone for a walk around a hotel. When I was going to the bathroom, I noticed that the light there was on and the door was closed, which could mean she was inside, or that she just left the light open. After waiting almost half an hour, I decided to 'stop paranoia' and opened the door.

I don't even know if I regret opening that door or not. I just know that the decision of opening that door was crucial to the continuation of the situation.

I saw Vic, passed out by the sink. Super pale and with a massive cut on her arm, which went from halfway up her arm to the combined heart tattoo we got. My first reaction was to stay still for a few seconds, for some reason my head was 'blocked'. I dropped to the ground, laid her head on a towel, and tried to see if I could feel a heartbeat. My hopes of saving her were low until I felt a little heartbeat, that gave me the hope I needed. I tried to stop the bleeding by pressing my blazer against her arm with my left hand, with the other hand I was trying to wake her up, and on the floor was my phone calling 112 with the speaker (European Emergency Number). I had to explain to the emergency lady that the ambulance and the paramedics had to enter the hotel discreetly because the paparazzi already knew which hotel we were staying in and could do that in a moment of movement. Until the paramedics arrived, I was in contact with the emergency lady doing what she said. When they arrived, they did everything as fast as possible to get her to the hospital, everything was so fast that I didn't have time to notify the staff.

"Sir, due to preventive restrictions of the covid, visits are limited. Can you tell me your name to make you the only visitor?" inquired the woman on the phone.

"Yes, of course. Damiano, Damiano David."

Then I had to leave my room and go to Ethan's room because the cleaning men would have to clean the bathroom, which was full of blood.

"We already heard the news Dami, how's Vic doing?" Ethan mourned, hugging me.

"The ambulance just left the hotel; in 2 hours I can go to visit her."

"Can we go with you?" Thomas asked.

"Sorry, but I don't think so. Because of covid, only 1 person can go, and they have already written down my name."

Leo was already exhausted with work, and now he would have to extend our stay in Zurich, book new flights and cancel all the gigs. After those 2 hours, I called an Uber which took me to the hospital. I had to wait a long time, but then they let me in. I went in, looked around, and saw her there, lying on that 'bed', and around her was a hanging bottle with IVs, the heart rate device and it seems that the nurse was going to put oxygen on her.

"Good afternoon, you can wait 5 minutes? I'm going to put oxygen on her," asked the nurse, politely.

"Yes, sure."

"Your friend is very strong. She lost a lot of blood, and oddly enough she didn't need a transfusion."

"I know, she's a great... fighter."

I sat down in the armchair that was next to her and tried to hold her hand, which was full of threads and bandages. For a few moments, I had forgotten that she was the person I was most angry at moments ago. I noticed all of her details: her hospital gown, her half- smudged eye shadow, her nails with some traces of black polish, and even that birthmark she has on her neck. Among some notifications I received on my phone, one of them was from the WhatsApp group that the 4 of us have with our official Fanclub.

Martina MOFC

Hey guys. Unfortunately, a paparazzi photo of Damiano entering a hospital just come out. Did something happen?
16:45

Lucca MOFC

I just saw that too. What's going on?

Hi guys.... yes, something happened. But when it's resolved I'll let you know
17:34

Our Fanclub is full of amazing people who have supported us since the X Factor days. And I trust them a lot, we even sometimes send exclusive content for them to post on the fan club's Instagram.

When I went to see the hours, I only had half an hour to visit, it seemed that time had passed by. A different nurse entered the room to change the IV and apply some medication.

"She should wake up in a few moments, don't worry," he added.

"It's a pity that my visit ends in 30 minutes," I sighed.

"Do you want to know a thing? Those visiting hours schedule is bullshit. You can stay with her until 8 pm if you want," he clarified. That man was the person with the biggest sense of humor in that hospital.

"Seriously? Thanks for the information."

As I was holding her hand, I felt her squeeze one of my fingers back. I noticed small tears running down my face, and my hope that she would get better kept growing. And when I perceived, her pale tired eyes were slowly opening.

turn on music: torna a casa

"Dami...." she said, slowly

"I... I thought for a moment that I wouldn't see you again"

"Me neither... How am I here?" she questioned, looking around the room.

"Like... I found you in the bathroom... anyways."

After an awkward silence, I felt that angel voice calling my name again.

"D...Damiano?"

"Yes?"

"Thank you, for saving me."

"You're welcome, I'll always be here for you."

"So, friends again?"

"Obviously, moony."

"What's that thing on my nose?" she asked, confused.

"That's the thing that helps your breathing," I explained

According to what the nurse explained to me, it's normal for a patient who wakes up suddenly in a hospital to feel a little confused when they face their new reality because in a hospital everything is different. After a while, an aide entered in the room to see if everything was alright.

"Damiano David, I need you to come out here to tell me some pieces of information about Victoria," she said.

Luckily, one of the 4 languages spoken in Switzerland is Italian, so I found it easy to pass on information about Vic.

When I got back to the room, Vic was already asleep and already had a new bottle of IV, so I kissed her on the forehead and left the room. It's crazy just how fast "the night" changes.

-

hi guys!
i wanna thank u all for the support♡
if u have a opinion or a sugestion, you can put it on the comments!

tks for reading <3
mel.