Chapter One

NOTICE: If you haven't read the first three books of this series, 'Race Against Time,' 'Luna and Apollo; Their Story,' and 'Searched For Loved Ones,' I suggest reading them before you start this book. This book will make more sense if you do. This book will end the Long and Hopeful Journey series. Thank you to all that have read my series from the start. This series means a lot to me. Don't forget to vote and comment here. Enjoy!

It was a beautiful day in Adventure Bay. Skye, Zuma, Rubble, and Rocky played tag around the Lookout. Ryder was preparing for a special event later that evening.

Chase and Marshall were on the beach with their parents and siblings; Max (Chase's Father), Blaze (Marshall's Father), Roxy (Chase's Mother), Misty (Marshall's Mother), Dodger (Chase's Brother), and Ash (Marshall's Brother). They spent the entire day hanging out and having a good time. They have been doing so since they got freed from the King's grasp.

They went sledding on the mountain, swimming at the beach, and playing at the park. Every once in a while, if Chase and Marshall's family were around during missions, they would tag along to watch and observe. They all enjoyed being a family again after so long. There was a lot to catch up on, but they were making incredible progress.

After a long day at the beach, the sun got close to setting over the horizon. Max looked up at the sun. "We have to get going," he announced, "if we want to catch our train."

Chase and Marshall frowned. They wished the day could last a little longer. But they also knew that Justin and Carmen, Ryder's parents, were waiting for them back at their home.

As they walked back to the station, they talked about plans for the future. "So, when will we see you guys again?" Marshall asked.

"Most likely, next week," Blaze answered.

Chase and Marshall were shocked by the response. "Really?" they asked.

Max nodded. "Justin and Carmen will be out of town for work, so we will stay with you until they return."

"Awesome," Chase said. Typically, it was two or three weeks between visits, so the announcement was unexpected.

"What about you two?" Roxy asked. "I bet you both will be busy with missions and stuff."

"Most likely," Chase agreed. "But we'll see each other again soon, so it's fine."

"Yeah," Dodger said. "But in the meantime, you got Skye and Everest to keep you company, right?"

Chase and Marshall blushed. Chase was in a relationship with Skye, and Marshall was with Everest. They couldn't believe it was real, but they wouldn't have it any other way. They were happy.

The group reached the train station as the sky turned orange. There was still time before the train arrived, so they sat down and talked.

Max looked over the horizon as the sun disappeared. "I'm still in awe about how much has happened over these past few months."

"Yeah, no kidding," Blaze agreed. "Who knows where we would've been right now, right?"

"But luckily, everything turned out fine," Misty said. "That madman is where he belongs. Life couldn't be better."

"That's true," Marshall said. "Right, Chase?"

"Wouldn't change a thing," Chase agreed.

The train came to a halt at the station with a hiss. The conductor yelled, "All aboard," as he blew the horn.

"I guess that's our cue," Blaze said. "We don't want to leave the man waiting." They all hugged each other and said their goodbyes.

Everyone except Chase and Marshall got onto the train and looked out the window at the two pups. They waved their paws at each other.

"See you in a week," Dodger exclaimed.

"We love you," Roxy and Misty said.

"Bye," Chase and Marshall replied. The train horn blew one last time before the wheels started moving again. Chase and Marshall watched as the train left the station and headed away.

Once Chase and Marshall could no longer see the train, they began their walk back to the Lookout.

When they arrived to the giant tower, they noticed Ryder leaning against the window, facing them. "How did it go with your parents?" He askes.

"It went good, Ryder, sir," Chase replied.

"That's good," Ryder said. "Your dinner's ready inside. After that, we'll be heading off to sleep early."

Marshall tilted his head. "Why's that, Ryder?" He asked.

"We have a busy day tomorrow." They started walking inside when Ryder's pup pad rang. "You two, go on ahead," he told them. "I have to take this."

Marshall and Chase didn't think much of it and went inside. Chase and Marshall ate their food with the others.

"How did it go?" Zuma asked.

"Good," Chase and Marshall replied in unison.

"Do you guys know what's going to happen tomorrow?" Chase asked.

"We thought you would know," Skye replied.

"I guess it'll be a surprise for us all, then," Chase said. Ryder walked in and sat at a nearby table. "Who called, Ryder, sir?" Chase asked.

"The mayor," he replied. "She just wanted to go over things about tomorrow." He looked at the clock on the wall. The time read 9:12. "Well, time for all of us to head to sleep."

The pups said goodnight to each other and walked to their puphouses. The fell asleep, wondering what the morning would bring.