𝟬𝟰𝟵: ᴘᴀʀᴛ 1/2

(the next day..)

𝐎𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭
📍STL – MO📍

Brooklyn waited for someone to answer the door while knocking on it. She saw the gentle rain as it fell from the porch.

"Who is it?" Destiny's mom could be heard from the other side.

"Brook."

Brooklyn could hear the doorknob being turned once the locks started to unlock. When she finally came, Destiny's mom immediately greeted her.

"Hey, Ms. Reed." Brooklyn gave her a side hug as she let her inside.

"Hi, Brook. How you doing?"

"Good, and you?"

"That's good, and I'm doing fine." She said. "You here to get Destiny?"

"Yes." Brooklyn nodded.

"She in the kitchen you can let her know you're here."

"Okay, thank you."

Brooklyn entered the kitchen from upstairs and saw Destiny moving her brown sugar Pop-Tarts to a paper plate.

"Girl, you up in here eating while I'm in the car waiting for you." Brooklyn leaned on the rail as she climbed the stairs, trying to catch her breath.

"I'm cominggg." Des said as she tossed her garbage in the trash bin.

"You got an umbrella, or we about to just run to the car because it's starting to rain?"

"I think my little sister got one, that's gone have to do because I just got my hair flat ironed." Destiny said, as she took a bite from her Pop-Tarts.

She returned after entering a dark room and grabbing a pink unicorn umbrella.

They both made their way down the stairs and out the door.

"Byeee, Ma! Love you!" Des yelled, before closing the door and pressing the lock button on the keypad.

Brooklyn and Des both ran toward Brook's Jeep while holding the umbrella before getting inside. Des sat in the back since the passenger seat was in use.

"Who in the front sea—" Destiny started to speak until she realized it was Nova.

"Brook." Destiny said.

"No, Des. Apologize." Brooklyn cut her off.

"I was going to.." Destiny spoke from the back.

"When? You should've been did that. I don't even know why you said something like that, Des." Brooklyn spoke truthfully.

"I know. I'm sorry, Nova." Destiny said. "I was speaking, before I was thinking and imma own up to that."

"I shouldn't have said that because that is your child, and if you wanted to keep your child then that's your choice." Destiny continued. "I can't do anything about it. It's your choice and I'm just going to have to stand ten toes behind it."