Chapter 91 - Mikasa

Lara and Armin were washing the dishes from dinner and tea, right after they all had decided they were going to move to Italy. Hange and Levi watched them from the couch.

"But, Armin," called Hange," what about the others? Did they also agree to go with us? Mikasa, Sasha, Connie, and Jean?"

"Connie promptly accepted," replied Armin, who was drying a bowl. "He got so happy that now his mother turned back into a human, he was the first one who claimed he wanted to get the heck out of Paradis."

Here we need to remember that, unfortunately, Connie's entire family had been turned into Titans through Zeke's spinal fluid, due to a vapor they had inhaled in the village they lived in. Everyone was killed before they even knew they were Connie's family, except his mother, who they managed to find out in time. She had transformed into such a grotesque Titan, that she couldn't even move, so they thought it was best to keep her still, in the place where she had transformed, and Connie constantly came to visit her.

"What about Mikasa?" asked Lara anxiously.

Armin lowered his head in anguish.

"To be honest, baby... I don't know..." he sighed, "She stays practically all day sitting by Eren's grave. I've talked to her a little, but she seemed very uncertain and insecure..."

"Let's try to talk to her again," replied Lara, while she washed the soup pot, a bit apprehensive. "Maybe we can't convince her?"

"That's it!" agreed Hange, stretching her feet on a chair in front of the couch. "Poor thing... Mikasa really needs to have new horizons and change her life, don't you guys think?"

Everyone agreed. They were silent for a few moments. Armin took the pot to dry and continued to speak:

"Sasha and Jean said they would talk to their families, but they seemed pretty excited about the idea of going to Italy too," Armin then almost jumped where he was standing, scaring them all, "OH! I completely forgot to tell you guys!!! Sasha and Niccolo got engaged!"

The others opened their mouths in total perplexity. Lara splashed water on Armin.

"A month will pass and you still will have things to tell us about what happened during the last few days! Gee!" Everyone laughed.

"Sorry, my love," he tickled her ribs. "It's just that it's too much information. I'm remembering them little by little."

"Explain that better, Armin!" exclaimed Hange, laying her head on Levi's chest, who was stroking his wife's hair.

"As far as I understood it, he proposed to her while they were running away from the port, and she accepted right away. I think the emotion of the moment contributed to that."

"Finally Niccolo took some action!" Lara washed the teacups. "Men... I'll tell you! They just string us along!"

"I agree with you, sweetheart!" exclaimed Hange, playfully chuckling.

Levi and Armin looked at each own partner with complete indignation.

"That's absurd!" complained Levi, frowning. "I didn't string you along, Hange!"

"Wow!" exclaimed Lara, boldly gazing back at her father, "Said the guy who took years to ask Mom in marriage! If I didn't drop my hints, you both would still be single to this day, and Tiny-Human-Bean wouldn't even exist!" She turned to Armin, "And you, sir, I won't even say a word!"

"B-But that's defamation!" exclaimed Armin, now splashing water on her. "Watch out, 'cause I can also sue you!"

"Would you sue your own fiancée?!" Lara handed him some cutlery for him to dry.