Chapter 61 - Levi's Decision

I was very moved writing this chapter, so I would like to suggest you read it while listening to the song "Constellations" by Amadea Music Productions (I know I've suggested it before, but it's one of the most moving songs I've ever heard and it matched a lot with the chapter while I was reading it) It's on YouTube and Spotify. Good reading! ♥

All Hange could hear was Eren and Mikasa's soft cries

They were sitting on the ground behind some houses, in a safe place for Erwin's Titan not to devour them when he would transform.

Eren and Mikasa were comforted by Connie and Jean. Sasha was still passed out, lying in a corner. Floch was more isolated, his head between his knees, in complete silence.

Hange and Lara were also a little further away from the others, alone, leaning against each other. Hange was feeling her daughter's head resting on her chest and every now and then, she heard a little sob here and there coming from the girl. Gently, Hange pressed her lips on top of Lara's head, feeling a few tears burn her face.

They both had their hands intertwined and Lara was caressing her mother.

Suddenly, a sound of thunder was heard and an intense orange and yellow lightning flash was made, in the place where Levi, Erwin, Armin, and Bertholdt had been.

They all paralyzed.

Quickly, Hange and Lara stood up, trying to look in the direction of the lightning. Gradually, the others also stood up, curious.

They climbed onto a rooftop and saw him from afar.

A very scrawny Titan was lying on the ground in the direction they were looking at. They narrowed their eyes to try to see better and, as if they were connected, at this moment, they all held their breath.

That Titan was blond, just like Erwin and Armin.

Had blue eyes like Erwin and Armin.

But, those eyes didn't lie.

They were Armin's eyes.

Hange and Lara looked at each other, extremely confused and perplexed, and before they could even see or hear the others' reactions, they flew off to meet Levi.

They both landed on the edge of the rooftop where he was and saw him. Bertholdt was no longer there, because Levi had placed him on a farther away rooftop, so that the transformed Titan wouldn't try to also devour him.

There was Levi, standing. A little behind him, Erwin was still lying on the tiles.

Lara and Hange looked at Levi.

They looked at their beloved one.

Levi finally noticed the presence of his girls. He was in a deplorable state. His face was filthy, full of blood, dirt, and tear marks. He looked at them with an air of extreme weariness.