Chapter 88 - Repayment

Intense chapter and full of emotions! 🔥 I prepared a super special song as a soundtrack and I would love to hear your opinion on what it was like to read while listening to it, which is called "The Roof", by composer Matthew S. Nelson, from the wonderful TV Series called "The Chosen" (you can watch it from free by downloading the app). I thought it matched the chapter perfectly and brought the atmosphere I wantedIt's available on YouTube and Spotify. I'll signal when you can play it.

Oh, I forgot to give you some trivia concerning the last chapter. I made Hange have this problem of placental abruption, due to an experience that my own mother went through when she was pregnant with me. She had a placental abruption and needed to be on bed rest for a long time, and her obstetrician doctor told her that if I was born, she would rip up her medical diploma. Well, here I am, alive and well, and so far, the doctor hasn't ripped up her diploma. What a professional 👍🏼

Anyways, have a nice reading!(Cover art by "Xyp_22")

By the river, Lara hastily prepared the cart hitched with the two horses her mother had taken from the soldiers she had shot down the day before

Hange was already lying on the cart. Armin had carried her there and now he was carrying Levi, too. Lara couldn't help but feel a little sorry for her fiancé, for he turned redder than a tomato as he struggled to carry his mother-in-law, who at this point in her pregnancy, was quite heavy.

In the distance, the Colossal Titans walked alongside Eren's grotesque Titan.

"Quick!" exclaimed Lara, heading to her parents and helping them to settle down. "We gotta go soon before the Colossal Titans from the other Walls reach us! We have a long way until we get home."

"We're ready!" replied Hange, covering Levi with a blanket. He was very groggy and shivering a little. Lara glanced at Armin, who gave her a worried look.

"He's quite hot," said Armin, still a little breathless from carrying weight, "He's sweating a lot, too."

Hange and Lara took a look at Levi, apprehensively.

"E-Everything will be fine," stuttered Hange, trying to give an optimistic smile to her daughter and son-in-law. "We have some herbs and fever medicine at home."

The couple tried to smile back at her, but they didn't quite make it. Armin then gazed at the girls with a firm look.

"I gotta go now. The others need all the help they can get!" he gazed at his own hands, "I might even have to turn into a Colossal Titan as well..."

Hange and Lara glanced at each other with worry. Hange leaned forward and squeezed Armin's shoulder.

"You guys will make it. You're all excellent soldiers."