Chapter 70 - Year 854

Fanart by "byallmeans".

Three years had passed and now Lara was 17 years old

Lying on a bed of the Survey Corps' infirmary, she grimaced at the sharp pain in her right foot, bandaged all the way up to her shin, with a splint to keep it in place.

"I hope the medicine takes effect soon..." she thought, biting inside her mouth. "I gotta go to Liberio... Eren, how did you get yourself into this situation?! You're such an--'' Lara couldn't finish the sentence, feeling anger rising inside her.

Next to her, sitting on a chair, with his head resting on his arms leaning on the bed, Armin was sleeping. Just by looking at him, Lara felt calm again and for a brief moment, she thought about stroking his blond hair, but she didn't do it. He slept soundly, but still had a worried expression on his face.

Lara gave a little smile and then looked out the window. It was a pretty late afternoon and soldiers were training in the distance. Watching the clouds, she began to replay in her mind everything that had happened in the last three years.

Levi's comfort on that stormy day was very effective. Somehow, a great peace got into her heart as Lara hugged her father, which helped her a lot to move on, even though she knew there was no solution to the problem of Armin's "curse". Even knowing he would die.

Eventually, the Survey Corps thought it was better to establish a military base in that port they visited on the beach, because at any moment, some nation could attack Paradis. Then, one night, when Hange, Levi, Lara, and everyone else were at the base, they all spotted a fleet of ships approaching the island.

They were ships from Marley, the place that most wanted the destruction of Paradis and that had sent the Armored, Colossal, and Female Titans earlier on.

To everyone's surprise, new allies arrived from those ships, who wanted to help them - the Eldians - to get rid of the threats. Of all the new people who came to live with them, the one Lara most grew fond of was a man named Onyankopon.

Lara chuckled softly on the infirmary bed, remembering the first time she had met him. He was telling the Survey Corps soldiers a few things about what the world was like beyond Paradis.