Chapter 95 - Preparations and an Unexpected Proposal

Cover art by "SteffyShipper".

The news that Hange was pregnant again brought a lot of euphoria and joy to their house

Right away, they decided to nickname the new baby "Tiny-Human-Bean II" (you read it as Tiny-Human-Bean, the Second). Levi promptly said that this time, he wouldn't be tricked by any fetus anymore, and that he would be wary of the future answers the baby would give to his questions.

Kuchel initially seemed not to like the idea of not being the youngest sibling anymore, with her being a bit jealous, because she was terrified that Tiny-Human-Bean II would steal her teddy bear. However, Armin assured her that he would buy an exclusive toy for the next baby and that Kuchel didn't need to worry about it. Upon hearing this, her jealousy seemed to pass, coming to the conclusion that it would be nice to have someone close to her age to make all the mischiefs she was already making up in her little brain, especially if her parents were really going to travel and the two children were staying at Lara and Armin's future house.

Now that Hange lived in a much relaxed and less stressful environment, compared to the terror she had experienced in Paradis in her first pregnancy, she was now having a relatively peaceful pregnancy, with only a few morning sickness, nothing more than that.

About three days before Lara and Armin's two-year engagement anniversary, Hange and Levi were bathing in the bathtub of their suite in the middle of the night. Levi massaged his wife's belly, gently rubbing the soap. However, Hange noticed that he was way too quiet.

"What's wrong, babe?"

Levi remained silent for a few seconds, washing the belly with the handheld shower. Then, he replied:

"I'm just thinking."

"About what?"

Levi looked up at Hange.

"It's just that I wanted to give a nice wedding present to Lara and Armin."

Hange frowned.

"Oh, babe. But this will take a while. They've just started building their house. I believe it'll still take about a year for them to get married."

"But that's the thing. The present I'm thinking about giving might already be useful to them right now."

Hange straightened her back, confused.

"Huh? But what do you wanna give them, anyway?!"

"Our car."

Hange's eyes widened in surprise. Levi pressed his lips together.

"You see... They both already told us they wanna buy their own car, and I understand that it's natural for them to want to have their own stuff. To be honest, I think they'll do better than us, since we don't go out that much. They already use our car for working and grocery shopping. And it can be very useful for them to buy things for their house, instead of having to spend more money on delivery. Have you seen the shipping price people are charging? It's absurd!" He pouted indignantly and Hange giggled, "Besides, Lara and Armin are gonna live literally next door. If we ever need the car, we just borrow it. If later on we feel the need to have one of our own, we buy another." Levi looked at Hange, "What do you think?"