Chapter 79 - Family

I'd like to thank Gabi Xavier, who makes amazing videos about Attack on Titan on her YouTube channel. If it wasn't for the good patience she has in explaining each of the episodes and chapters of the anime and manga, I would be lost LOL. I don't know about you, but I had a hard time trying to understand the plot of the 4th season onwards (please, tell me you also felt like that, I don't wanna be the only dumb one around here hahahaha). I used her videos as support in the rest of the story, because they helped me a lot to understand some parts better. Thanks, Gabi! ♥

Lara was walking through the empty corridors of the Headquarters early on Monday, with a silly smile on her face

Lara was walking through the empty corridors of the Headquarters early on Monday, with a silly smile on her face. She and her parents had just arrived at work and it was pretty cold. The sky was overcast, giving a dark appearance to the surroundings. It was all kinda silent as if people wanted to stay kept to themselves, trying to get warm.

She was wearing her green Survey Corps overcoat, with the typical brown boots of the uniform. She had put on a white scarf to warm her neck and paced calmly toward her lab, her hands inside the pockets.

When she got there, Lara found Armin hunched over one of the desks, very focused, probably writing a report. She smiled.

She had witnessed that scene many times over the last four years. Armin had the habit of always arriving early for work, but before, when Lara met him there in the lab, she would come inside, say a friendly "Good morning", and an awkward silence would fall over them, until one of them left the room to do some other task elsewhere.

But today, it seemed like the lab was even more colorful, such joy Lara felt at the sight of her fiancé there, working. Silently, she walked toward him and whispered in his ear:

"Morning, babe."

Armin felt a chill all over his body and squirmed at the tickle in his ear.

"Eeeeek!" he exclaimed, gritting his teeth. Lara began to laugh. Armin turned in his chair, and when he saw that it was his fiancée, he opened a big smile.

"Good morning, pretty," he replied, standing up and pulling her gently by the waist. Lara wrapped her arms around his neck. Armin pressed his lips against hers in a soft, quick peck kiss.

Then, they opened their mouths for a kiss. Lara initially felt a bitter taste in his mouth, but as her lips slowly moved, a very sweet taste began to flavor, followed by a chocolatey scent. She held his face. Armin found it strange that his fiancée was "sucking" him more than usual. He tried to pull himself away, but Lara practically trapped him there. Armin widened his eyes and started groaning, as if he were saying, "Release me!". With difficulty, he managed to free himself.

"What are you doing?!" he asked, panting, holding her by the shoulders.

"Oops! Sorry, babe, I didn't mean to!" replied Lara, chuckling. "It's just that you have a very good taste in your mouth. What have you eaten?"