Chapter 87 - Rumbling

I want to give a special thanks to Gabi Xavier, whose videos and analysis of the AOT chapters helped and inspired me a lot to develop the dialogues, especially on this chapter and other inspirations, too

The soundtrack of this chapter is the song "Aura", by Thomas Bergersen (you can leave it on repeat, it's available on YouTube and Spotify) 😊 Hope it makes your reading experience a lot better!

This is a pretty long chapter, so grab your popcorn and a hot chocolate (it's quite cold here where I live) and enjoy it! 🥰 If you're willing, please leave a comment, I love to read what you're thinking about the story! 😍

Thank you so much for being here! ♥

"No, no, no, no!" Hange desperately stared at her hands covered in blood, "This is not happening!" Tears were already burning her cheeks

Lara stood up in a jump, disoriented. She grabbed her own head.

"I-Is it the placental abruption that the doctors had said?!" asked Lara, her eyes wide and feeling her heart racing wildly. Her mind was very foggy.

Hange just stared back at her, her shoulders bouncing as she cried and ran her hands over her private part again, feeling more blood flow out.

Upon seeing her mother in that state, Lara's body tingled and trembled. She closed her eyes and clenched her fists.

"Calm down," she said to herself. "This is no time to freak out! Your mother needs you right now!"

Lara took a few deep breaths and then opened her eyes.

"Come on!" she said, firmly. "You must lie down immediately and not get up by no means!" Lara looked around, "Hang on!" She dashed off.

Hange watched her daughter quickly walk around the camp, looking for something. Seconds later, Lara came back holding a sleeping bag and some clean clothes.

"We need to change your clothes. You're still a little wet from the river and all covered in blood."

Hange was so stunned and in such despair, that she just watched her daughter undress her and put on her clean clothes as if she did that every day. Lara took her mother's wrist and concentrated.

"Your heart's racing too fast. Your blood pressure must be sky high."

Hange pressed her lips together, shedding more tears. Lara held her face with both hands.

"You're gonna make it!" she said, gazing deeply at her, "You're having this baby!" Lara finished changing Hange's clothes and tucked her inside the sleeping bag in the most comfortable position possible. "Rest now. Don't worry about anything else, just you and Tiny-Human-Bean being quiet and well," she gave her a kind smile.