Chapter 63 - No More Waiting

Fanart by "atrm_newone"

One sunny Sunday morning, Levi went to Hange's bedroom and found her sitting alone on her bed, thoughtful and a little downcast

Hange lifted her head and with a sad smile, watched Levi sit next to her. He smiled back, gently squeezing her knee in understanding.

She laid her head on his shoulder and sighed.

"When I think the pain has already gone, it comes back and hits me so hard..."

Levi affectionately brushed her hair away from her eye patch, which from now on, Hange used to cover her injured eye, as Lara had suggested. Then, he took a folded paper out of his pocket, handing it to Hange.

"What's this?" she asked, unfolding it.

It was the house's brochure they got at the Festival they went to with Lara, a long time ago. The edges of the paper were already starting to turn yellow and the crease marks were erasing the lines of the house drawing.

"Do you remember this brochure?" asked Levi.

"How could I forget, huh?" replied Hange, blushing a little.

"Remember when I told you I was gonna buy it?"

She looked at Levi curiously.

"Yeah... I do... You gave me the biggest scare when you whispered that in my ear," chuckled Hange.

"Well... I bought it."

Hange widened her eyes and straightened her back.

"Are you serious?! I-I thought you were joking, 'cause you never talked about it again..."

"I bought it just the week after," Levi scratched his nose, shyly, "I talked with Erwin, who supported my idea. I went to the realtor, visited the house, thought about it and... Bought it."

Hange was perplexed, then, she looked at Levi with a doubtful expression.

"Oh..." he said, rubbing behind his neck, "You must be wondering that, if I bought it right after the Festival, why am I talking about it again just now?"

"I didn't know you could read minds."

"You do know we can communicate just with our eyes," replied Levi, making Hange blush again. "But, as I was saying, what happened was that I was right."

"What do you mean?"

"Remember I said that people tend to exaggerate a little in the aspects of the things they wanna sell?"

"Yes."

"I was right, in part," Levi shrugged. "The house is really beautiful, just like the brochure. But just on the outside, because when I got in to check, it was very poorly maintained. So, the answer to your question of why I took so long to tell you about the house, was because I was renovating it. That's why I kept asking you to wait..."