|25| 𝙽𝚘 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚍

Harper was sprawled on her side of the bed, her arms providing a pillow for her head as she laid on her stomach. Dick slept beside her, his one arm around her waist while the other was dangling off the bed.

He stirred lightly when he heard his phone ring. His eyes screwed shut in exhaustion, his movements languid as he pulled away from her side. Dick wasn't so sure she was on friendly terms with him but judging how they had shared a bed and he wasn't sleeping on the floor of the Bat Cave he gathered she was over it.

" Hello?" he mumbled, his eyes shut as he pressed the device to his ear.

"Hey. Sorry for waking you." Barbara apologised as he turned onto his back.

" There's been three attacks already tonight. " she said.  Her voice quiet as if she too had just awoken and received the news. " A dozen killed, twice that many injured. None of the attackers have any history of violence. Just regular folk who went berserk." Dick gently removed the blankets off him as he sat up straight, wide awake as he took in the information. " They found inhalers at all the scenes."

He ran his hand through his hair, his brunette locks ruffled . " They're putting their drug on the street." he affirmed.

" First lady Vic, now this." Barbara sighed. He could sense her worry and
apprehension. She was a target now. Dick rubbed the base of his neck, easing the fatigue and unease as he reassured her it was going to be okay. Last thing he wanted was to lose another one of his family to Jason and his crusade.

He ended the call with her, lightly nudging Harper who slammed her pillow into his face but had followed him in waking up the rest once he told her what had happened. They went to gather everyone in the Bat Cave, exhausted but ready to face whatever was being thrown at them.

There really was no rest for the wicked.

Harper stared at the screen, her anger burning as she watched Gotham's chaos courtesy of Crane's fear gas.